VII

"Well I gave you all I've got to give,I know that ain't no way to live

I know that ain't no way to live.
So I told that devil, to take you back."

Zari sat in her comfy A.R.G.U.S chair, twirling around, Curtis walking up to her, 'They did it! Awhile ago actually, what took you so long to get here? Why did you send the stick in advance?'

Zari smirked, 'Traveling takes a bit longer when you're one of the most wanted assassins of the world and you decided to stop killing people.'

'Of course, anyway... the stick had enough information to prove what was going on in the prison was illegal. Oliver is safe and sound on level 2! Are you ever going to tell us who got you that stick?'

Zari smiled, 'Nope.'

Suddenly a beaten up Anatoly stumbles inside along with most of The Arrow Team, her friends, Zari shot up and ran towards Anatoly. Who greeted her with a smile and his heavy Russian accent, 'Oh, my favorite assassin.'

'Anatoly, what happened to you? You look like crap.'

Anatoly grinned, 'You still have no manners, I missed you. My head is pounding, like blow to head. Boom. Boom.'

Zari paled, 'What happened?'

Felicity took a shy step forward, 'I'm sorry, I should've gotten him out sooner. He might need some medical attention.'

Anger flared in Zari's eyes, 'Gotten him out from what!?'

Anatoly put a hand on Zari's shoulder, 'Felicity trying to get Oliver out of jail and is trying new tactics.'

'Someone get him medical attention!' Zari yelled and she looked at Felicity, a darkness in her eyes she hadn't seen before, 'You've changed Felicity. You're darker than you used to be.'

'Sweetness won't get Oliver out,' Felicity snapped with a broken voice.

Zari nodded, 'You're right, it won't. But you might want to consider, that the Felicity Oliver comes back to... might not be the Felicity he's fallen in love with. Don't loose yourself.'

'Why does everyone keep saying that I should hold on to my goodness!? You're all dark! Zari, you've killed! You've done what you needed to do in order to survive! Just like Oliver! Why can't I do the same?!'

Zari looked up at Felicity, 'Because whether you believe it or not, you have a choice. And we didn't. If we had, we wouldn't have made the same decisions. Because we still regret them every single day, even though we know we can't change them and we couldn't have chosen another option.'

Felicity went quiet and Curtis cut in, 'We've got a lead on Diaz.'

'Are you...?' Diggle asked.

Zari shook her head, 'He will send someone after Anatoly, I need to be there to protect him.'

***

'So? Where are we going?' Anatoly asked.

'First, you're coming with me, until I've pulled enough strings to get you settled somewhere under protection of the League.'

'You do lot for me. Why?'

Zari smiled, 'You looked after me in Russia, you protected me from the men who thought they could force themselves upon young girls. Now it's time that I look after you.'

A small spark lit in his eyes, 'You know, never thought that you'd ever forgive me after I turned against you and Oliver, working with Diaz.'

'You changed your mind in the end, we all make mistakes... It's more about whether we try to fix them.'

'Where is assassin taking me?'

Zari laughed, 'A small American town, you'll hate it. But it's got lots of criminals, so you'll feel right at home.'

'I owe you, favorite assassin.'

'No, Anatoly, you don't.'

***

Zari was twirling around her kitchen while she listened to the music blasting out of her boxes, Anatoly walked inside, smirk on his face. 'You know, the neighbours say... They like music.'

Zari shrugged as she licked the spoon, 'They hate it. They're just terrified to tell the scary, beaten up man with crappy English and a Russian accent.'

Anatoly rolled his eyes, 'You still so rude.'

Zari smiled and looked up when she heard her phone ring, she wiped her hands on the towel and picked up.

'You're going to the twenties party.'

'Hello Rebekah, I'm back in town. Yes, I'm doing perfectly fine, thank you so much for asking.'

'You disappeared without a word! Not to mention, you really insulted my brother.'

Anatoly grinned when he saw the confusion on Zari's face, 'You're going to have to be more specific, I insult people on a daily basis.'

'I don't know the bloody specifics! Something about a pain in the arse? You left Elijah completely confused. He was just trying to ask you something, he found it very impolite.'

Zari rolled her eyes, 'Why do I care?'

'Yeah, you're right. Anyways, be there at the party. Or I swear I will have you head.'

'People don't threaten me, I threaten other people.'

'Well, suck it up bitch. You're going, that's final.'

Zari sighed and hung up on her, she dipped her finger into the cake mix and glanced at Anatoly, 'Can you believe her?'

Anatoly started laughing, 'You've gone soft, favourite assassin.'

Zari grabbed her kitchen knife and threw it at him, cutting just a tip of hair off. 'Say that again and your ear will be next.'

Anatoly shook his head laughing and grabbed the knife, pulling it out of the wall behind him. 'Better not use those often. Neighbours don't like.'