ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴇᴇ ᴏғ ɢʀᴀᴛɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ

I hope you'll like it. :D

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

Mr. Kim Seokjin glided happily through the empty school corridor. The muffled noises of each classroom were prominent everytime he passes through a classroom door. The school corridors were adorned with Christmas decorations with small glitters in every nook and cranny of the hallways.

There's even a huge banner (courtesy of Mr. Kim himself) with a huge sign of "Merry Christmas! :)" in bold glittery red letters embedded on it, located in the middle of the intersection of the school hallways. Everyone could tell the school was really into celebrating the holiday. Especially Mr. Kim Seokjin. After all, he was the one who willingly volunteered to organize the Christmas decorations that the other teachers were avoiding so much.

Unlike his other co-teachers, he was new, young, enthusiastic, and not to mention he's handsome. He could pass for being an actor or idol but he chose to teach instead. It was his dream ever since he was a kid. And now, look at him. Confidently walking to his next and last class of the day. It was also his advisory class, which is why he was giddily walking like a happy little kid.

He was holding a mini christmas tree that is more or less as big as his torso.

Finally, he was in front of his homeroom. He can see from the glass on the door that his students were formed in groups. They were chatting with their own circle of friends.

Then without further ado, Mr. Seokjin opened the door. The people inside the room immediately flicked their heads towards the newcomer. As soon as everyone realized who it was, they hurriedly scrambled to find their way to their own respective seats. After everyone was seated, the room fell into silence. Most students were wondering why Mr. Kim was carrying a little christmas tree.

Mr. Kim didn't talk. He went to a corner to the very back of the room and gingerly placed the mini christmas tree on top of a small bookshelf that's just a few inches below his hips. After that, he turned to face the students who were staring at him with questioning faces.

"Hello, everyone! I hope you're all doing good today!" he cheerily said. Some of the students replied with a grimace, some were neutral, some were still in a good mood, but most of the students were groaning and complaining that they were physically and mentally drained.

"You all must be tired right? That's why I have this for you," he then presented the tree that gained the attention of majority of the students the moment he entered the room.

Everyone was clearly unimpressed.

However, one student thankfully raised their hand.

"What's the christmas tree for, Mr. Kim?" one of his noisiest students, Park Jimin, asked.

"This, I present to you, is what I call the Tree of Gratitude," he said with confidence. He then crossed his arms and leaned slightly to the old bookshelf.

His statement only raised more questions from his students.

"Tree of Gratitude?" another random student said.

"Yes. Not only this small christmas tree. Here's the fun part," he walked back towards the front of the room where the teacher's table was. He picked up a small glass bowl that some of the students didn't notice where even there since they were too preoccupied with Mr. Kim's so-called "Tree of Gratitude". He held the glass bowl gingerly in front of the class, as if showing them a magic trick.