ᴛʜᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ sᴍᴇʟʟ

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

After school, Namjoon went straight off to his room. Usually, his mom would be around at that time, but it seemed liked his mom was still at work. For the first time in a long time, he received no welcome home kisses.

Namjoon dropped his bag by his bed and jumped on it face first. He let out a relieved groan after he landed. His face was directly planted on the soft mattress, restricting him from breathing. He was testing how long he could hold his breath.

His phone vibrated inside his pant's pocket.

The purple haired's head abruptly shot up. He gasped loudly, he was heaving his breath deeply when he nearly suffocated himself to death. It took him all of his limited leftover energy to fish out the phone in his pocket.

He automatically smiled when he saw who apparently had messaged him.
Even though Namjoon was tired and what he only thing wanted to do at that moment was to sleep and wait for his mom call his name for dinner by the time she gets home, who was he to ignore Jeon Jungkook's text?

Namjoon flipped himself over to lay on his back. He replied to Jungkook's text; who was asking him if he had got home.

The purple-haired appeared to have forgotten about his weariness and need for a nap as he was rejoicing at the fact that Jungkook had just asked him if he gotten home safely.

They texted for hours. Mrs. Kim had already arrived, but Namjoon was still on his bed, texting Jungkook non-stop. He hadn't even got the chance to change his clothes since Jungkook's fast in replying.

From: Jungkookie 🙂 9:21 pm

Do you like yours?

"Oh, right. The gift," he muttered to himself.

Namjoon nearly forgot that there's a gift that he had yet to open. It's not that he was excited anyway, although he's wondering what his secret santa gave to him this time. So pulled himself up, set his phone aside, got up on all fours, then moved towards the side of the bed where his bag was. He reached over, opened his bag, and searched for the small gift bag.

He sat up again after he successfully got ahold of the gift. It was much heavier than the last one, so it's safe to say it's hopefully not another pricey thong.

A greeting card was adhered on the red gift bag. The words written on the card was:

To: Mr. Cuddly Crab

I was supposed to buy lube, but half of our class already have the same idea as mine. So this will make do. You're welcome.

Namjoon raised his eyebrow at his secret santa's caption. It was kind of  egotistical, really. He opened the bag to find an expensive-looking white and gold colored perfume box. He narrowed his eyes to read the label.

"Coco Mademoi...su-soe..selle...Chanel!?" He read out loud, words slurring a little in difficulty (he hadn't actually encountered the word "mademoiselle" yet, and he was sure it wasn't english-which he was good at), his eyes widening in realization. What he did know was Chanel was a high-end brand.

"This is expensive!" He blurted, inspecting the box. He opened the small box, and the perfume bottle with peach-colored liquid inside looked even more expensive than the box. He was holding it with caution, not even trusting himself, nor the mattress, nor the carpeted floor if it perhaps dropped.

In that very moment, Namjoon realized how super rich his secret santa must be. He tried to remember the rich kids in his class. There were actually many. There was Jungkook, Taehyung (who's now out of the list since he's actually jimin's secret santa), Jooho, Baekhyo, Chanyeol, Yoojung, and Yoonhae as he could remember. Then he categorized them, he analyzed based from their personalites who were most likely to give him expensive gifts and were not afraid to spend it; and especially who among them would be thick-skinned enough to actually buy a thong. Jungkook was out of the question. That guy's too much of a sweetheart to waste his parent's money and embarrass his monito. Nah, he wouldn't do that. Never.