ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ɢʟᴀss ᴊᴀʀ

^ I stumbled upon this whilst doing my "research" and I can't not put it here

^ I stumbled upon this whilst doing my "research" and I can't not put it here. And Jungkook fondly sharing a fact about Namjoon makes me soft. uwu

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

Namjoon scratched his head out of sheer frustration. It was quite unusual for him to spend an awful lot of time choosing his outfit. He normally didn't care about his attire when going to the beach since he would usually wear anything accordingly to the day's weather. But for some not-completely-unknown-reason, he wanted to look good in that particular day.

For the first time in his 17 years of existence, he's going to be accompanied to the beach by someone other than his mother. And honestly, it was quite thrilling to Namjoon.

"Why are you wearing pants? You're going to the beach Namjoon, not to the movies! What are you even thinking? Just wear your shorts!" As always, his mom of course couldn't tolerate his poor decision-making. His mom entered his bedroom and picked up a pair of black short shorts that was laid on his bed for picking. She handed it to him and Namjoon deeply sighed before taking it with utter defeat.

Namjoon stared begrudgingly at the piece of clothing. Yeah, he always wore shorts when he goes to the beach but he'd been sort of insecure at the thought of showing his 'hideous' legs to Jungkook. He'd rather wear pants and feel uncomfortable than flaunt his legs. He's sure Jungkook didn't want to witness such a horrid sight.

His mom nodded at him with a worryingly wide grin on her face. She placed her hands on her hips while she expectantly waited for him to try it on. "Go on," she beckoned.

Namjoon made his mom turn around while he tried the shorts on. Although it was completely useless since his mother wasn't really great at following instructions.

"I'm glad you have healthy legs," his mom nodded proudly to herself, satisfied at the thought that she have been feeding her son well.

"Mom! I told you not to look!"

"Too late for that," his mom grinned cheekily.

A loud grumbling sound of a car arriving in front of their house caught both of their attention, prompting them to flick their heads towards Namjoon's window. Then both of them slowly looked at each other knowingly before they raced towards the window.

Namjoon was the first to arrive. His mom followed and they excitedly looked through the window pane. Then Namjoon peeked through the pastel-colored curtains.

And there, lo and behold; below them was a tall, fair-skinned, robust but lean guy wearing a white t-shirt and casual black shorts who went out of the all-too-familiar black BMW car. The said guy leaned on his car and fished out his phone from his short pocket, typing something on his phone.

"Oh my god. Namjoon, is that him?" His mom gawked at the guy.

"Yeah," Namjoon replied smugly. He was lowkey proud that he made friends with a seemingly popular rich kid.