ʀʏᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

It was a Sunday morning. Namjoon woke up when the first ray of light broke into the window, hitting his swollen face. He yawned and looked around his surroundings. A surge of panic coursed through him for a few seconds before he remembered where he was.

He made a sigh of relief. Not a dream. All of it happened. His father. His mom. All the lies and his suspicions. Jungkook searched for himㅡall day.

Namjoon sat up on the bed. He couldn't drift back to sleep again since he's usually already awake at this time of the day. Should he wait until someone knocked on the door or should he get up and let himself get lost in this enormous house?

Screw it. Getting lost didn't seem so bad compared to lying idly on the bed. Namjoon fumbled his long legs under the soft covers. He yanked them away and stood up. He ruffled his bed hair then he stretched both his arms above his head.

Namjoon headed to the bathroom, responding to the 'call of nature.' He washed his hands and brushed his teeth with a spare toothbrush that Hyesun provided. He washed his face, careful not to splash the water to hisㅡJungkook's shirt. He wiped his face with a clean towel and inspected his own reflection.

He looked a tad bit better than last night. Although all the crying made his eyes look smaller and puffy.

Namjoon went out of the guest room. He trusted his guts and wandered through the hallway without any particular destination in mind. Surely, Jungkook won't get mad if he strolled around for a little bit.

For one thing, there were a lot of activity areas in the housecoughmansion. It's the kind of house where there were specific rooms for every activity. Namjoon didn't trespass inside the rooms being the queasy person he was.

In the meantime, Jungkook's uncharacteristically awake and making breakfast alone. He told Hyesun that he should be the one cooking breakfast, explaining that he's the host after all. It's only proper etiquette to cook for his guest. The old lady gave in since the boy seemed eager.

Jungkook wasn't one to cook breakfast or cook in general. He would usually wake up late every weekend and he had Hyesun to cook for him. But he's not actually a bad cook. In fact, his siblings liked his cooking if he ever he's in the mood to make them food. Just another thing on the list of random things he's good at.

He's busy whisking egg yolks when somebody entered the kitchen, greeting him. Jungkook's head snapped to the direction of the person.

"Morning, Joon-ah," he greeted back.

Namjoon's puffy eyes were obvious. He cried himself to sleep last night. Jungkook noticed.

"What are you making?" Namjoon asked. He went beside Jungkook to look at the ingredients set on the kitchen island.

"Omelette and Kimchi fried rice," Jungkook answered.

Namjoon hummed and nodded. He didn't dare volunteer helping Jungkook. He didn't want to eat burnt breakfast. He watched Jungkook place the cooked food on large plates.

"Let's eat?" He walked around the table and pulled a chair for Namjoon.

Namjoon glanced at the doorway. "How about your siblings?"

"Those two are heavy sleepers and they usually wake up at 8. It's still 7."

After Namjoon took a seat, Jungkook went to get a pitcher containing orange juice from the fridge that's as big as Namjoon's closet. He walked back to the table and poured a glass for the both of them.

Jungkook took a seat across Namjoon.

"Thank you for the food," they both uttered and clasped their hands.