ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇʙᴇʟ

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

The two adults stood frozen on the doorway when they saw the teenager standing in a modest manner in the living room. Mrs. Kim instinctively distanced herself from the man and disentangled her hold into his arm.

"Jungkook-ah! Where's Namjoon?" She asked. She looked around the house to look for her son.

"He's in the kitchen, Ma'am," Jungkook answered.

Mrs. Kim sighed heaved in a deep breathㅡthat was soon cut short when her son appeared in front of them.

"Mom? Jungkook? What's going on?" He stared at them as he processed what's happening at the moment.

"Namjoon," the man said.

Namjoon scrunched his eyebrows, wondering why the man answered out of the three. He looked at the tall man beside his mother. He's the very same man he saw with his mom last time.

"Yes, sir?" He replied, tilting his head askew.

"Hi, I'm..." he stared at Namjoon's mom before keeping eye contact with him again. "I'm your mom's client, Kim Yonggun. Nice to meet you."

Namjoon didn't see the way Mrs. Kim held her breath and letting out a stiff exhale since he's occupied looking at Mr. Yonggun.

"I'm Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you Mr. Kim," he said. It felt weird for Namjoon to say that. The man was also a Kim, coincidentally.

For some reason, the air was heavy and it made Jungkook want to go home and vomit. He felt like he's in a particular situation where he wasn't supposed to be a part of. He felt like he's meddling with their personal business.

Jungkook found himself sitting on the couch with whom he thought was Mr. Kim. They're both alone in the living room, waiting for the mother and son finish preparing their drinks in the kitchen.

Technically, he was right though. The man was Mr. Kim, except he wasn't the Mr. Kim. He wasn't Namjoon's father as what he initially and instinctively thought when he saw them both enter the house.

If Mr. Yonggun wasn't Namjoon's father, then who and where's his real father? Did Namjoon grow up without a father figure? If he did, that would explain why Namjoon's not that masculine on certain aspects. Not that Jungkook had a problem with it, he'd still like Namjoon either way.

Yonggun and Jungkook were sitting in a 'manly' manner; their forearms propped on their thighs and their own hands clasped together.

The two were awkwardly sitting in silence. The ambiance was exceedingly uncomfortable. On a side note, it would almost seem comical; their situation that is. Both were invited in the Kim's house, the one or the other not expecting other guests; and most especially, they're both suitors of the Kims.

Well, Jungkook haven't 'formally' acknowledged to Namjoon his intent to ask him out yet. He was about to, but this unfortunately...happened.

Yonggun cleared his throat, grabbing Jungkook's attention, making the latter look at Yonggun's side.

"What's your name again, kid?" Yonggun asked, inspecting the teenager's appearance. Jungkook was dressed in all black, he's wearing a black bomber jacket and a black statement t-shirt. The words written on his shirt were japanese kanji and hiragana characters; which meant 'go to hell.' The combat boots and skinny jeans precariously screamed 'rebel!' to the adult man.

The statement shirt made Yonggun raised his left eyebrow. He doubted the kid knew what his shirt meant. If the kid did know, then it's already a warning sign.