ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏɴɪᴛᴏ

This chapter is so long that I had to divide this into two parts. I swear, the next chapter will be the last and after that is the epilogue.

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

Namjoon woke up late, head feeling a bit fuzzy. He blinked the sleep away as he stretched his arms and legs, yawning loudly. He stayed still for a moment to let every little thing sink in. He sighed softly before he moved his body to search for his phone under his pillow.

He opened his phone and realized that he's not going to be able to catch school since it's already past 8. Mrs. Kim would usually wake him up if he couldn't get up early himself, but it seemed like she didn't want to disturb him from his slumber.

The first thing he did was text Jungkook good morning, informing him of his absence. Then he messaged Jimin after, telling him that he's fine and he'd take the day off. He received a reply from Jimin as soon as he hit send.

From: Jiminie

Oooh what's goin on with u and kook today huh? ;)

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, not getting what Jimin was insinuating.

To: Jiminie

What do you mean?

From: Jiminie

You know what I mean *wink wink*

To: Jiminie

Just cut to the point, Jimin.

From: Jiminie

I thot you guys hav plans today or sumth... he's absent too

To: Jiminie

Really? I didn't know that.

Namjoon placed the phone on top of his chest. He fixated his gaze at the ceiling while thinking. Jungkook didn't go to school. He must had been tired too. He checked his phone again, hoping that maybe Jungkook had replied to his text, but his notifications were empty much to his dismay.

He flipped on his side, face down the bed. He groaned lowly before letting out a long sigh. He willed himself to get out of his bed and he received another message from his friend.

From: Jiminie

Cum back tmrw ok? I miss u :(( Anyways, me goin!

Namjoon chuckled and shook his head before typing a reply to Jimin. He got out of the bed and stretched his limbs and groaned in relief when his muscles started to contract. He then fed Kookie and Jinnie that were both inside the aquarium. He was surprised to see that both his pets were peacefully doing their own thing. Jinnie was digging up holes in the sand while Kookie slept peacefully.

"Awww look at you guys! I'm glad you're not fighting anymore." He took out Jinnie and placed it on his palm, patting his tiny crab with his pinky finger. He also grabbed the smaller crab from the aquarium to put it beside Jinnie. Namjoon giggled when Kookie scuttled and circled around Jinnie. Namjoon placed food on his palm and watched his crabs eat.

"I'm gonna eat breakfast too, my babies. You two behave, okay?" He grinned and extended his arm to gingerly put them back in their abode. He turned back and trudged downstairs.

He could smell his mom's souffle pancake when he reached the bottom steps. He rushed toward the dining room. He sniffed the alluring smell of fresh pancakes and looked at his mom.