ᴍᴀʀsʜᴍᴀʟʟᴏᴡs ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴏᴡɴɪᴇs

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

Jungkook pulled away from the hug. The embrace ended as sudden as it happened; Namjoon could still feel Jungkook's warmth rippling on his body. His body craved for more warmth.

Jungkook smiled at him; reaching out to him.

The stare. The similar one Jungkook wore when he had looked at Namjoon's eyes at the day of the 'incident' in the car. If Namjoon had to put a name on it, it would be called I'm-not-going-to-kiss-you-but-it-looks-like-I'm-about-to stare.

Damn it, Jeon Jungkook. Don't you give me false hopes.

"Good night, Joonie," Jungkook said, putting a hand on his front pockets. He took a step back and turned around. He walked towards his car without looking at Namjoon.

Before Jungkook went inside his car, he took one last look at Namjoon and made a small wave to him. Namjoon waved back. He watched the brunette went in his BMW and took off.

Namjoon sighed, looking at the empty space where the BMW was at. 

What did I even expect?

Namjoon stayed outside for a couple of seconds to recollect himself. He remembered what his mom told him in the kitchen.

"I'm going to tell you something importantㅡ about Yonggun. Later, when Jungkook goes home."

Namjoon had a slight idea what it's going to be about. He should be happy his mom's not keeping it from him any longer and he should also be happy for his mom. But why's he feeling perturbed?

There's something about Yonggun that always pulled on his nerves. He found the man's presence threatening, or maybe it's just him being protective of his mom. Bottom line was, he didn't feel comfortable around Yonggun.

He took a dragged exhale. He had to face his mom and Yonggun again.

Namjoon went inside the house. The first thing he saw was an empty living room. Then, he looked at the door leading to the kitchen where he could see everything happening inside.

Yonggun was helping his mom cook. His mom's beaming, and her face bloomed prettily. She looked so much younger. On second thought, he'd do everything to see her smile. Even if it meant giving Yonggun (he just grimaced at the thought of his name) a chance.

"I'm going to change upstairs. Just call me when dinner's ready," Namjoon yelled to catch their attention. The adults both looked at Namjoon and nodded. Mrs. Kim and Yonggun looked at each other after Namjoon went upstairs.

Namjoon laid on his bed after he changed into his more comfortable clothing. He closed his eyes. A quick nap sounded heavenly to his weary mind, so he dozed off.

He slept like a log for half an hour. The day's events drained his energy. In fact, he's too exhausted to even wake up when his mom called his name, or when she knocked on his door, or even from his mom's vigorous shaking to his limp shoulders.

He slept in oblivion. Unaware that his mom kissed his forehead and declared that he had a long day, that he deserved to rest up and introducing Yonggun to him can wait for tomorrow.

Yonggun went home understanding the situation; a little disappointed and a whole lot more relieved.

Jungkook, however, was the opposite. His eyes refused to close, a whirlwind of thoughts disrupting his sleep schedule. He resorted to doing push ups while he ate the insanely large sized marshmallows from his secret santa, aka Namjoon.

His mouth was full of marshmallows while he did his reps. His body's too worked up that he had to exercise to exert his excess energy. A heap of reasons stimulated him to do push ups, all of it centering to Namjoon.