Chapter 7: Haunted

* Little Miss Beta *

* Chapter 7: Haunted *

* Copyright all rights *

~&~&~

.

.

I gulp at the authority and power used on his voice. I slowly allow myself to turn around only to regret it as soon as our eyes meet.

His usual light eyes were a deep cole black, making a shiver run down my spine. I take a step back only for him to take two forward. The intensity from his stare manages to freeze me in place as it intensifies.

An arm touches my thighs making my head snap at the direction of the cell.

A little boy was there, his light green eyes looking pained, with a gigantic purple bruise on his right cheek. What the hell? He couldn't possibly be older then 9.

My head starts to spin as I subconsciously take a step forward, determined to break this cell and get him out of here, but my plans were interrupted by the cry on my right.

Turning to the direction of the cry I see an old man, he is tied down, much like I was, only looking much worse. I take a step in his direction only to hear another cry from my left, them from behind, from my right, and suddenly it's as if I'm being surrounded by pained pleads and loud clattering.

The begs weren't directed at me though, they were directed to Kaden. Who ignored them so skillfully it was as if they weren't even there, just in my imagination.

I start to spin, as I try to take in everyone around me. In so much pain, so much. I whimper and slowly drop to the floor. The buzzing in my ears reminding me of the wolfsbane which once habituated them.

I feel my mate getting closer, his breath suddenly going rapid as if he could feel the emotional pain I was in. His approximation makes my heart rate and fear double.

I need to get out of here.

Taking one last look at the direction of my family, it's almost as if they read my mind. Run. Is the message my parents send me with their eyes.

Grasping Rachel's arm in my own, it takes all the energy I have to haul both of us to the next corner. Out of reflex we start running as far away as we can from the cries.

As far away from my family.

As far away from my mate.

Our feet combusts into the floor boards, panting as the adrenaline fills up our bodies.

Rachel's eyes were wide too, as if she couldn't believe what she just saw as well. I was too focused on my family to notice the broken people around us. Until they made their presence known.

The footsteps behind us multiply, he must have called backup.

As we round a corner I run head first into a cell, making me scream in pain as the sliver makes me drop to the floor. I hear a furious growl not so far away from us, and judging from the flexs of sparks that curse through my body, I'm guessing it's my mates reaction to hearing my scream.

Rachel stops her running and try's to hoist me up her shoulder.

I must admit, her simple act of not leaving me behind shows an immense amount of loyalty. One that I am definitely great full for.

As I start to get up I take a look at who's in the cell and immediately freeze.

In that so familiar cell, I recognize the person prisoned inside almost instantly.