Chapter 15: It's Not Butterflies that flutter but Phoenixes

* Little Miss Beta *

* Chapter 15: When I look at him, it's not butterflies that flutter in my stomach, but Phoenixes *

* Copyright all rights reserved *

Scarlett's house. ^^^ (only that without the cars)

~&~&~

.

.

.

.

An elderly man waked up to me, he gently grabbed me by my chin and tilted my head to the side, examining my face from all possible directions.

I gulped at the never ending rows of curious eyes staring at me. It made me hella uncomfortable.

The elder. Who's name I've learned to be Marcus. Was the most intelligent living member of this pack. He also happened to be Kaden's grandfather.

Taking about Kaden, he was sitted right next to me with a curiously intrigued look. He's eyes wouldn't look away from me. He appeared glued and frozen on spot. With his hands holding his chin, he seemed like the living -much more handsome, Thinker.

"Kaden, would you mind if I examined her neck? After all you have marked her haven't you?" At his words I stilled. My body went into convulsion and my heart started beating like a time bomb.

Kaden gave me a side glance, noticing my panic. "No." He stared directly into the eyes of the man. "Touch her neck and I kill you."

The elder didn't seem at all that surprised with Kaden's reaction or crude words, unlike myself. How could he be so rude to his own grandpa?

"Then Perhaps you could touch it? Just show me her mark. I need to take a glance." He said while taping a pen to his small notebook.

My expression returned as Kaden lifted himself, approached me, then got down on his knees.

His hands softly scarped my neck line making my heart rate increase, my body turn mush and the infamous sparks electrocute. His thumb traced my neck softly before lowering and lowering, tugging the side of my hoodie off.

My heart was vaporizing my lungs with it's heavy beating and it hurt. I didnt want him to see my mark, I wasn't ready.

Kaden met my eyes once more. I shoke my head at him and was greeted by a confused look. Nethertheless, his hands removed themselves from my neck.

"Her mark is for my eyes only and I'm not showing it to another male. Including yourself, doctor."

After saying so he hoisted me up, tangled my legs around his waist and left the dinning room.

I nervously rubbed the sheets in between my hands. Kaden's stare was making me on edge. He wanted answers. Answers, I wasn't ready to give.

"Lett..." He stretched his arms for me and I didn't hesitant on jumping inside his embrace as his arms engulfed me, his hands rubbing my covered shoulders. "You know you can tell me anything right?"

I didn't respond. Could I? After all he is my mate, but he's also a Beta, a wolf of the pack, and if I was in anyway dangerous, it would be frowned upon for him to keep me. Or at least that's what my parents always said.

So could I? Could I tell him?

I shake my head. "I'm not sure.. You're not going to want me if I do." I hid my head in between his shoulder blades, not wanting to see the look on his face. Only for his hands to sweetly cup my cheeks and lead my face directly in front of his.