Chapter 10: Love Kaden

* Little Miss Beta *

* Chapter 10: Love, Kaden *

* Copyright all rights *

~&~&~

.

.

.

.

.

My back is sore, my bones hurt and an undescribable burn lingers in between my legs.

Ouch.

I get up slowly, to not further the pain. When I finally manage to get in a comfortable sitting position I exhale a breath of relief.

The scenes of last night flash inside my brain like an old dvd, broken on repeat. I blush as I relive the sexual moments inside my head.

My left hand reaches for the mark firmly imprinted on my skin. I lightly hover me fingers over the mark, and am pleased to sense the newborn sparks exploding from it.

A smile blots onto my lips as I pull the bed covers closer to my body.

I'm marked. My heart skips a beat as realization stricks. I'm marked.

My head snaps to the side of the bed to search for my mate, only for a frown to replace it when his rightful place on the bed is found empty.

What?

Suddenly terrible thoughts start to invade my mind. Where is he? Did he leave me? Was I just a one night fling? Did he run away?

I feel my breath pick up as my head starts to hurt with all the information. However, the second I panic I'm reminded that he couldn't have left me, as my hand touches his mark.

I'm not a one night fling. Or else he wouldn't have marked me. I'm his mate for goodness sakes.

Anger starts to brot in the pit of my stomach. I'm his mate! Who the heck does he think he is to leave me alone the morning after he marks me?

I huff and puff and the only thing left is for me to blow a house down.

I hear the creek of the room door being unlocked and almost immediately I start bitching at Kaden.

"Where were you? And who the hell do you think you are to just disappear like that? Come over here so that I can kick your ass."

I smile in satisfaction as I hear a gulp from the doorfram and small pixie-like footsteps make their way over to me. The sound of plates tumbling against one another filling up the silence of the room.

He brought me breakfast?

I snap me eyes over to the small familiar little girl standing nervously next to the bed, holding a once more elegant tray, filled with a mouth watering meal.

My mouth hangs to an "O" as I process what I just told her, along with her shaking frightened figure.

Almost reflexively, my hands go to the tray and place it onto my lap to intercept any damage being made from all her shaking.

I look up at the little girls, her eyes are glued shut, her lips pressed together into a shaky line, and her face is sucked into a half grimance half scared shitless face.

Slowly I place my hand on her cheek and coax it softly. Just the way Kaden did it to me last night. A natural smile decorates my face as I remember it.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." I say softly. "I'm not going to hurt you." I add when she doesn't respond.

Hesitantly she opens one eye. Then the other as relief engulfs her blue oasis.