Chapter 1

I'm an Alpha. Boring thing to begin with, trust me I know. I just said that to put it out clearly, in case there's those "Wait this is a werewolf speaking?" The hell, of course I'm a wolf, do you see me shining? Lighting up fires? Flitting through the clouds? Well you might; but that's beyond the point. I just want to clarify that I am a wolf. And no we aren't rare, we live with the humans. We have been integrated into the human laws and are mainly safe, so have the others but I care not for them. The thing about being incorporated in the human laws does not mean that our council was demolished, contrary actually now we have ambassadors of the 5 species, 2 of which are actually almost extinct. I feel bad for them, also considering how we can't just reproduce and must find a mate or cannot bear offspring. Humans must be so lucky to just be able to reproduce however, no mate needed. Let me backtrack a bit since I'm going off topic it seems. The point of all this information is to know that;

a)There are 5 humanoid (yes that's what the official dictionary says we have to call the forms; it's fair considering we all just look like humans unless we transform) species; Humans (of course), us werewolves, demons, angels, and the blood-suckers,

b) We all live under the same general law (with our own separate councils and the ambassadors of different species; who are present for important meetings); meaning we have other extra rules under our own groupings,

c) There is such a minority of 2 species (take your guess) to the extent that there is only one head of each present only in the Supreme Court and not as the many ambassadors,

d) The laws prevent major outbreaks of war between species, and groups (but this doesn't mean that there aren't groups of violent people trying to kill other species; in this case it's mainly human haters) and by the laws you DON'T have to tell people your species (meaning there is no division between groups).

This was all an agreement 363 years ago (to us present day), it's all but forgotten; it's still implemented but some people still don't fully believe in the existence of other species than their own (being the humans), so we blend in not drawing attention to ourselves. Also more random information because of the mating system there is a rarity or rareness of hybrid children/adult/"people?" of 2 species. The system (which we still don't know how it works) picks the perfect mate for you, usually in your own species; with there being only 451 documented (yes we get birth certificates so they need to know) hybrids. I being the 451st just don't ask about it. I've sneakily found out that I'm the only hybrid of the two species that I am, with 429 being human werewolf (lunar love is in the air), 20 blood-sucker humans but I don't know the last one. Thanks to all this I can just blend in with society, more random information; the largest species it the humans, then the werewolves, the blood-suckers, the demons, and then the angels (both who barely exist).

All the information is good and great, but I currently do not have time for it. I put down the dusty book; it lands with a satisfying thud on the mahogany table beside me.

"Jay, you better have read the whole book" I hear my maternal Granma croon from her chair in the corner. I just smile and walk up to her, I tower over her with my height as amazing as it is (I'm very tall just by the way).

"Nona you know I haven't" I laugh into her ear which I had bent down to whisper the secret in.

"Scram you little rascal you." She smiles and bops her knitting needles blunt end on my nose.

"You know I love you Nona! Thank you" I blow her a kiss as I head for the stairs out of the attic; I know she'll give me all the important information I need to know later.

"I remember when you were just a little pup..."

"Really? Was I a cute puppy?" I ask sitting on the first step, I know this story inside and out.

"You only reached up to my knee; right here" she motions to her knee, she's quite short and I can't imagine being so short.

"Squirmy little pup you were, never wanting to calm down-" I whisper under my breath.

"Squirmy little pup you were, never wanting to calm down so you could turn back"

"Headstrong like your father, you always want it-" I continued mumbling under my breath

"Headstrong like your father, you always want it your way"

"Tell me more about the time I spent with dad" I interrupt her reminiscing.

"Oh, Jason was just like you. You even have the same eyes dear"

"I know Nona!" I exclaim I don't like her telling me his features. I know his face, I can't forget it.

"Okay, calm down. The lessons you used to share with him just proved how prodigious you were" she snickered knowing I disliked the comparison.

"I still can't believe that that's a word" I mumble as I sit down from the standing I just did, how did I get up when I was seated? Automatic reaction I guess.

"And this, Jay, is why you're going back to school on Monday" she points out.

"I know, I know but I'm not that dumb. I did get enough credit to skip half the school year" I'm a senior or 12th grader (A/N: I'll use 12th grade because that's what I'm familiar with)

"You're even lucky that you had good grades in 10th for them to accept your skip." Nona is teasing me now,

"I know it isn't luck Nona, It's these!" I point to the temples of my head.

"You're awful haircut?" point-blank, I see your shade Nona; It's cool

"No my beautiful mind that thought up this beautiful haircut" I try to deflect her shade, I don't know if it worked or not.

"I miss your old hair, made you look like your father even more" she mumbled the last part under her breath but I heard it, you know werewolf hearing and all. I know she was referring to my previous locks that hung to my ass.

"Too bad Nona, it's dead and gone, dead and gone..." I sway my body to the beginning of the song.

"All hands on deck, all in the front all in the back just like that, like that!" continued a head as it poked up the stairs followed by a pair of shoulders then body.

"Aunt Sylvie!" I wrap my arms around her

"Jay, my Jay!" She says as she wraps her arms around me...I'm suffocating...she got me...

"I tap out, out!" I say as I feel myself turn blue.

"Ha! 1,159 wins me, 162 wins you" she lets go and fist bumps the air.

"You're going to kill me for real one of these days." I mumble as I rub my neck