Chapter 2

I'm in the car with Aunt Sylvie singing along to some song whose name I forgot but whose lyrics I know for some odd reason;

"You're my discretional sin, I feel you on me when I touch my skin..." she sang, and I just hummed along.

"Come on Jay, I know you want to sing along" she cooed, nope not today.

"And I look in your eyes, I'm on the edge" she continued, nudging me in the process. Keep in mind she's driving.

"Come on Jay, please... I need a partner or the chorus I know you know this song, pleeaaassse" she pleaded with me and I was so close to caving in as she looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Fine; But now it's hard to breathe" I gave in to her plea, she immediately started smiling and drumming the wheel; what's the harm right?

"I'm not in love, it's just a game we do" she moved her head to the music.

"I tell myself I'm not that in to you" I'm starting to feel the music now as I dance along.

"But I don't wanna sleep, it's quarter after three"

"You're in my head like dum-dum-da-da-da-da, dum-dum-da-da-da, dum-dum-da-da-da-da, dum-dum-da-da-da, You're in my head like dum-dum-da-da-da-da, dum-dum-da-da-da, dum-dum-da-da-da-da, dum-dum-da-da-da" we sang this part together, and the car ride became just a little more fun now.

As we neared the house (when I say near I mean like a kilometer or so away), I started thinking about how this new life will be like. The main good things about this are that I won't have to change schools, I still have my pack with me and no one has to know anything. Discreetness is what I strive for, I am popular but that doesn't mean I need everyone to know everything about me, you know? Well maybe you don't you're probably not as popular as me. I'll miss the old house but this one is almost similar except for the people living here, the furniture, the arrangements and such minor details that I have already come to love from visiting here so much.

"Victor and the twins will be so happy to see you" Aunt Sylvie says, dragging me out of my thoughts at the same time.

"How're they?" I turn slightly to face her.

"Victor's doing quite well actually. He's been given a promotion by the council, his pack has just received 2 more omega's." as she spoke I could hear the smile in her voice without even needing to see her face, although I could see her face and the happiness was much clearer. I liked her happy it made me feel warm inside.

"What about the brats?" I ask jokingly

"Brattier than ever, Tracy and Tyler are getting to become too much trouble" she chuckled. I try to imagine how big the twins have grown now that I haven't seen them for almost a year.

"Maybe you should consider stopping their lessons? Just maybe that fuels them to become more aggressive"

"Yeah, maybe" she shrugs and drags the word maybe. She's skilled in the art of werewolf martial-arts and trains council members packs. The equivalent of an army trainer I think? I'll be back when I find a better word than general or lieutenant.

"You know being bratty AND strong is not a good mix" I tell her, deeply emphasizing the "and", can I say colonel?

"I know, I know but I've made them give me their word that they would NOT use it on anyone as long as it's for self defense" she punctuates her sentence with a side glance to me.

"And you trust them?"

"Yes, it's that or no Wi-Fi or technology" ah, that's probably why they listened to her.