.:Chapter Four:.

'The only heaven I'll be sent to, Is when I'm alone with you'

The spell leaves his tongue and the end of the other teen's cigarette flares red as a thin stream of white smoke curls through the musty dungeon air, "What kind of imbecile agrees to let someone they just met today test experimental potions on them?"

The boy looks at Severus and his blue-green eyes glimmer with mischief as he sucks in a puff of smoke and balances his tobacco tube on the side of the ceramic bowl, "This kind of imbecile, what can I do to help?"

Immediately falling into Potion Master mode Severus points to two jars, "Thinly slice three spiders eyes and mince five lacewig flies".

Blowing the smoke out of the side of his mouth Cercius moves a cutting tray in front of him and selects a sharp edge knife, "Do you like any other classes? Like other than potions".

Watching to make sure he is cutting the ingredients right the Slytherin adjusts the temperature of the fire to make the water boil, "Herbology maybe, potions is my favorite," he murmurs letting his eyes follow the other boy's hands as they finish slicing and pause briefly to lift his cig to his lips, "You?"

"I guess I like transfiguration, it's my best class," the ocean eyed boy pauses to move the two ingredients to where Severus can reach them before looking up, "What next?"

"Dice a Snorlaps Tongue and thinly slice four Flubber Worms," he instructs tucking his dark hair back and rolling up his sleeves so that he can begin adding slices of Spider Eye at three second intervals.

"You think you're gonna be a Potions Master when you get outta Hogwarts?" The Hufflepuff asks moving the diced tongue to where the other boy can reach it as he moves onto the Flubber Worms.

"Well yeah, but I have three more years after this to decide if I don't," the onyx eyed teen commented quietly reversing his stirring so he could begin adding the Flies in rapid succession, "What about you?"

Cercius frowns as he finishes with the worms and takes another drag off his death stick, "I ain't got much to look forward to, if I don't find someone I want to court by the end of next year I get betrothed to someone, probably a Pureblood Bird".

Severus held back a dry laugh, " Most purebloods are bred pretty so I'm sure you'll be just fine".

The curly headed boy snorts, "Yeah except I'm a Pouf, what next?"

"Powder the asphodel," the ravenet pushes the container toward the other boy, "You're Gay?"

"More bent then a crazy straw, mate," he takes one last long pull from his cigarette and stubs it out, "Why?"

It's silent for a minute and all you can hear is the bubbling of the potion before the Slytherin whispered, "How'd you know?"

Cercius shrugged, "Always just preferred blokes I guess, hope that doesn't make you uncomfortable or anything".

"No, it's fine I don't care about that," Severus bit the corner of his mouth and changed the subject as he poured in the Asphodel, "Take three drops before bed. I need to know how fast you fall asleep, how long you sleep, and if you dream".