.:Chapter Eight:

'I think you're gonna be my biggest fan'

"Don't eat that," a voice hisses and the scone he had just buttered gets slapped out of his hand. Severus scowls over at the Hufflepuff that had sat down next to him trying not to look around enviously at the other Slytherins who sit feasting away around him.

"And why have you graced my peaceful Saturday morning with your presence?" He grumbles reaching for his pumpkin juice. Sadly his goblet is also unceremoniously smacked out of his hands. He watches in distain as the thick, orange liquid soaked into his uneaten breakfast.

"I saw those four assholes near the kitchens this morning and decided to listen into their conversation," the shorter teen explains handing him a misshapen Apple Cinnamon muffin, "They talked one of the elves into putting something in the food, this is from a box of rejects that I get to pick from at mealtimes".

Peeling back the paper, Severus bites into the offering humming in content, "Why do you get the rejects?"

Cercius picks a blueberry out of his own lumpy muffin and tosses it in the air to catch it in his mouth, "One of the Elves, Bubbles, noticed some girl trying to talk some others into dosing my food with love potions so she asked me to go through the rejects for my meals".

The Slytherin swallows his mouthful and glances around as one of the girls down the table screams. Her hair is flashing between orange and purple violently and the boy sitting close to her has grown cat ears and a tail. Turning back to the other teen he raises his brows, "I guess I should thank you, I forgot it's Halloween".

The brunet shrugs snickering as a Ravenclaw girl runs pas with a pig snout and a curly tail, "Don't mention it....actually, how about we get the Gryffindorks back?"

Finishing of the muffin, he glances at the one unharmed table, "Are they worth the possible detention? They've already taken away my pristine diet".

The curly haired teen laughs and crumbles up his own muffin paper tossing it in the plate as a Hufflepuff boy runs by crying with bright red and gold hair, "Don't you know, Severus, Revenge is the best diet".

Taking a deep breathe he pulls the strap of his bag across his chest and turns to stand up, "I'm going to regret this aren't I?"

Grasping the taller male's wrist, Cercius winks cheekily, "Only if we get caught, let's go!"

With that Severus let's himself get dragged over to the Gryffindor table where the brunet also grasps Lily by the elbow. The two are dragged out of the great hall passing a wailing first year Ravenclaw whose sporting grass green hair with weeds and dandelions sprouting from it.