.:Chapter Twenty:.

'We are gonna stay like this forever'

Cercius is in awe when Severus steps into the ballroom. Navy robes seeming to float around him and hair tied back elegantly. His own deep blue robes and spelled nice hair seem like peasantry at the sight of the boy he intends to marry. He offers his hand palm up to the ebony haired god and is again completely dazzled when the man takes it smiling charmingly.

"You seem to get more beautiful every time I see you, Love," he complements brushing his lips over pale knuckles.

"Flattery, Cercius?" Severus steps closer and his galactic irises glitter in the light of the ballroom, "I highly doubt anything about me is beautiful".

Leading the ebony haired teen to the refreshments table, he shakes his head, "You haven't seen yourself in the mirror then have you? You are absolutely stunning all the time, Sev".

Someone clears their throat and Cercius sucks in a breath passing Severus a flute of sparkling lemonade as they turn to see James Potter, "Congratulations, Heir Fawley for your courtship".

The brunet pins a false smile to his face, "Why thank you, Heir Potter. Enjoy your lemonade".

"I fucking hate that guy," he murmurs as they walk away. Severus laughs quietly setting his half empty drink on one of the server elves trays and loops their arms together. They pass Madam Fawley and she gives them a sharp look before motioning to where others are dancing.

"How about we dance over to where no one can bother us, yeah?" The Slytherin proposes moving the two of them swiftly over to the dance floor. And Cercius is smiling again letting one of his hands fall to the taller teen's hip and grasping his hand with the other. The Hufflepuff leads them smoothly through the other dancing couples and the onyx orbed male follows happily.

When the get to the edge of the room the young heir pulls his hand away from his partner's and raises it so he can brush his fingers across the other's Snow White cheek, "I really can't wait to marry you one day, Severus".

Bringing his own hand up, Severus cups the one cradling his jaw, "You have to kiss me first, idiot".

Cercius chuckles and tilts his head up, "And what if I can't stop?"

The galaxy eyed boy leans down staring straight into the other's oceanic orbs, "Darling, I doubt I'd be able to stop you".

Their lips slot together and neither is really quite sure which one of them initiated the kiss, but it seems that it doesn't matter at all. In the end they're just happy that fate brought them to this moment.