.:Chapter Fourteen:.

'I'll do anything for you'

Cercius is wearing a too tight pair of ripped jeans and a black leather jacket this time around. An unlit cigarette is already hanging out of the corner of his mouth when he jogs out of the school and he's flicking his wand to light it as he swaggers towards the awaiting Slytherin. Stopping in from of the taller he picks his leg up so he can shove his wand into his boot unceremoniously.

"I see you didn't forget your warning charms this time, how about Honeydukes and the Potion Emporium first and then we can grab lunch and a Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks," he proposes as they fall into step on their way towards the gates.

"What are we going to pick up at the Potions Emporium?" The paler of the two ponders raising a brow as the other flicks off a mound of ashes from the end of his cig and takes another drag.

"Wanted to see what you'd like for Christmas, I've already gotten Lily a nomaj- er muggle false nails kit," Cercius confesses.

They end up buying almost the entire stock of sugar quills and two ancient looking potions tomes, all shrunken isn't the pocket of his leather jacket, before they finally sit at the corner of the bar in the Three Broomsticks. They each order a butterbeer and the lunch special and the brunet pays in advance letting the matron keep a rather large tip. She slides them a small, glass ashtray soon request and he pulls out another reefer lighting it up with a flick of his wand.

"Thank you, for coming with me, Sev," he says once he's tapped off the excess ashes after his first drag, "I was going Stir Crazy in that old castle".

Severus scoffs as their drinks are placed in front of them, "Shouldn't I be thanking you? You bought me three boxes of sugar quills, a damn fine Christmas present, and lunch to top it off".

Cercius chuckles breathing out a long puff of smoke and he goes to say something. Whatever is is dies in his throat as his eyes narrow over the taller's shoulder a a long haired blond, "You know him?"

Turning the ravenet stiffens and his voice seems unnaturally sharp, "Lucius, I've been meaning to contact you".

The blonde, Lucius, doesn't sit. His eyes barely stray to the matron as she sets their lunch in front of them and he doesn't even acknowledge the Hufflepuff as he smirks sickeningly, "Yes, I've been worried, Severus".

The onyx eyed male's knuckles go white with the force he is gripping his glass handle, "I've been meaning to get into contact with you, to tell you that I no longer want to be a part of your cause".

Several people that Cercius both does and doesn't recognize are eying them and the blond haired man frowns, "You know the penalty for this, Severus, and I doubt you or anyone you can find to take your place will live through the type of beating we dish out".

Severus sucks in a shaking breathe and opens his mouth to speak only to be interrupted.

"I'll take it for him".

Both the blond and the ravenet's heads whip around in shock to see Cercius regarding them cooly. He takes the last drag of his cigarette and stubs it out before leaning forward, "There is something similar between Wizarding and NonMagical gangs you know, what happens when you want to leave one," his eyes are dangerously close to the color of the black lake during a storm, "Only Wizards have magic at their disposal, so I will take Severus' penalty".