Caught in Melodies

Song: Lucky

By: Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat

Press play as soon as I give the signal

~~~

The Ninjas, along with Nya, are out battling the serpentines in a nearby village. Thankfully, my water healing abilities have fully healed the burns on my arm from a few days ago, leaving no scars. But despite feeling better, Master Wu has instructed me to stay behind at the bounty for my own safety.

I have no choice but to obey. Even though I'm stuck here alone, I've decided to make dinner for the team as a way to show my gratitude for their support, training, and being there for me during tough times. Plus, it's Sunday, which means tomorrow I'll be heading back to the dreaded Hell known as school. So, I want to make the most of my last day of freedom with the whole team.

I've chosen to cook Spaghetti and Meatballs, along with garlic bread. It's one of the dishes I'm actually good at making, besides Mac and Cheese. As I cook, I've got some music playing in the background, filling the silence in the Destiny's Bounty's kitchen.

I find myself bobbing my head and even doing some silly dances as each song plays. Since I'm all alone, I might as well take this opportunity to sing my heart out, even if my singing sounds like a mating lizard.

As I fry the meatballs, the familiar sound of a guitar fills the air, signaling the start of a song I know all too well. I can't help but bop my head to the rhythm, eagerly anticipating the beginning of the verse.

Play the song

Y/N:

Do you hear me, I'm talking to you

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying

Boy, I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

As the vocals start playing, I can't help but feel the music coursing through me. I grab the spatula from the counter and hold it up to my mouth, pretending it's a microphone. Closing my eyes, I let myself get lost in the music, imagining that I'm in a professional recording studio.

Y/N:

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed