"19

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀THE HOT WATER shot from the chrome shower head

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀THE HOT WATER shot from the chrome shower head. Amos adverted his head from each side slowly underneath the mist of liquid. His eyes were squinted shut as his mouth was ajar. His chain sat in the middle of his chest. The water along the side of his feet tinted pinkish, remainder of splattered blood being washed completely from the necklace. His hands clasped his head, lathering the two in one body wash slash shampoo. He was sure to not mess up the motion of his deep waves. He tilted his neck backward.

Just as water ran down his face, so did tears down Bebe's. Framed pictures of Latrell and Dyce stood on individual stands inside the church. They were front and centered of the benches as the crowd begin to stand for the viewing. The services were done for the two. Hearts soaked in sadness along with pain. Bebe stared past her black veil as she glanced into the caskets. She battered her lash extensions, the feel of tears swirling in her pupils. She patted the corner of her eyes with the knuckle of her index finger. She wore gloves on her hands. Tatiana grabbed her shoulders, comforting her in a side hug as she broke down into gut wrenching tears.

She'd lost her baby brother and a close family friend in the same moment to gun violence. She couldn't think of any reason someone would want to hurt a child-believing it was a situation of them both being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Though she didn't know much of what he was into in his day to day life, Bebe knew deep down Latrell was a great person with an even better heart. The area's preacher was sure to tell of that. Tatiana pulled Bebe from the huddle of mourners towards the place of worship's restroom. Pooh followed the two women close behind, oblivious to their overall reason of being there.

Next to view the body was the other brothers and sisters of Dyce, the older ones who understood what happened. Tears ran down their straight faces, that was until one of the sister's face churned. Sound accompanied her cry as Mulan stood behind the family. Her body wave hair was now straightened, aligned to her butt. Her slanted eyes were overshadowed by her wispy lashes as she tucked her full lips, the lip gloss causing them to stick together slightly. Her eyes doodled over Latrell's face, not expecting seeing him this way so soon. She tucked her lengthy baby hair behind her ear as it'd escaped the gel's hold.

Her small hand rested on the girl's back who stood in front of her. The sister turned to the side to make eye contact as Mulan nodded. "You'll be okay." She reassured as the preacher was behind her. He shook his head in agony and groaned out to a higher Being saying, "Oh Heavenly Father." He started as Amos continued, still stuck in a trance in the shower. His hands were closed together around the gold angel as he spoke from his hurting heart. "I hope you listenin', I hope you care. Don't turn your ears away from a sinner like me. Please. Take this pain away, bring me a better day. Forgive me, God, forgive me. Guide me into greater. Amen."

He'd meant what he prayed and felt a calmness come over him. He turned the handle to the shower, watching the water stop flowing from the pipe. He grabbed ahold of the ivory towel he hung from the rod. He massaged his head first, drying his hair before wrapping it around the perimeter of his waist. He stepped out and stood in front of the mirror over the counter. He rubbed the glass in a circle to wipe the fog from it. He brushed his teeth thoroughly before brushing his hair back into his former pattern. He glided deodorant on as he gargled mouthwash. He spit it into the sink and washed it out.