"27

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀THE BLANCO, MEDICAL van drove below speed limit across the roadway. Night had fallen as Bebe held herself tight in her arms, watching through the windshield where the driver took her. A young Caucasian nurse sat across from her, the same one who'd directed her to the transportation from the hospital. Her mink lashes looked downward behind her glass frames, brushing over her pink tinted cheeks due to her blush. Her contoured makeup defined her already pretty features. She peered up, her brown eyes piercing into Bebe's soul. Her red lips stretched into a smile before they parted, asking, "You doing alright?" Her voice was angelic, slipping from her voice box with ease. Bebe nodded, looking over her frame then back to her face. Her eyes studied her badge, reading the name Madeline Whitehead.

She felt a streak of envy run through her bones. Here she was, feeling out of place as some ghetto bitch ready to kill herself because of depression. Her tattoos roaming down the side of her arm, thankfully her scrubs hiding the rest. The nose ring pierced in her wide nose above her full lips. Her extended lashes were beginning to look stiff and her new growth escaping her weeks old braids. Here she sat next to a white girl on the medical field who probably hadn't faced a traumatic situation in her life. Bebe rolled her eyes, placing her back flat against the seat and folding her arms loosely. Madeline accepted the response as it was, giving her her space for that moment until they parked next to behavioral center. "Thanks Sam."

Madeline thanked the driver, pushing her bra length auburn hair behind her shoulders. "Are you ready?" She questioned Bebe. Bebe stood with an attitude and walked forward to the van, stepping off as Madeline followed slowly. Soon, she took the lead due to her badge being the key into the building the rest of the way. Bebe now examined her body, that streak getting deeper at the sight of her petite frame. Her curves were small, but cute for her pretty face. The scrubs she wore hugged her body comfortably.

"So as the other nurses probably mentioned you'll be here for a couple of days just because we're a bit nervous of the fact you're suicidal. We don't wanna send you home and. .something happens again but worse." Madeline explains as she trots down the dim halls, Bebe following slowly behind.

Bebe eyes rolled as she motioned them up then down. "What if I wanna go home before a couple of days?" She emphasized, awaiting the answer. Madeline stepped into a closed off room, delaying patiently for her to enter as well. Once she did, she took a seat in the roller chair and pulled out a sheet. "If you feel like you wanna go home and have no reason of being here, you can appeal against doctor's orders but it hardly ever is granted especially because of your attempt of taking your life." Madeline explained, pressing out the pen's ink bud.

"May I have that bag for a moment?" She asked additionally, referring to the bag that had Bebe's few belongings along with her purse. Hesitantly, she handed it over to her.

"We have to make note of everything you have, make sure there's nothing sharp or flammable and when you are able to leave, you get all that's yours." She smiled small, making eye contact before removing the clothing from the plastic concealment, jotting each item onto the list.

Bebe watched her intently, growing tired of the long day. Wherever she was being taken, she hoped there was a shower and a bed, what she needed right about now. Then her siblings well being crossed her mind and she begin to worry again. She fiddled in the place she stood then opened her mouth to ask, "Can I make a call?"

Madeline nodded. "Yes. When we leave here, I'll take you to unit two and you can make as many phone calls as you like between seven o'clock a.m. and ten o'clock p.m. I guess I could go over everything else with you. You being in here does not make you crazy or abnormal, mental instability in that way is unit one. Everyone in here in unit two are here for depression or anxiety of some sort. You'll get the hang of everything quick." Madeline paused, sticking Bebe's hospital identification sticker similar to the one on her wrist across her purse and sat in a storage cubby next to many of others.