"28

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀KIELCE DID AN overview of the living room of his current customer. This was a new house for him to work on, not that of a regular client of his so he wanted to make sure everything was precise -first impressions being the most important. "I'm sorry I'm not there, but take your time. I'll lock the door once you're finished and leave." The woman of the house voice boomed through the security system as she communicated through her phone from her workplace. Kielce shook his head in disagreement.

"No, it's no problem at all. Thank you." He stated. The audio clicked off and he faced downward at the furniture, imagining how the color of the wall and trimmed she asked for would compliment her decor. He was more than confident it would go perfectly but he did have a suggestion that he thought would really bring the room out altogether. "Say, ma'am?" He spoke out, hoping she'd hear him. The audio chimed back in and she answered. "I know what you had your mind set on, but I believe I have an additional idea that could really set the tone for the look you're going for. I don't know if you've heard of an acrylic mirror decal mural-"

"I have! They're real nice. I'm not the most creative so whatever you feel would look good, I'm all for it long as it's not too much more expensive than the estimate you've already gave me." He lifted his hands in an ok gesture.

"No, it won't be if not just a few extra dollars really and we could work that out easy. Thank you for your time. I'ma just get these exact measurements real quick and I'll be out." She replied okay before clicking out again and Kielce did what he said he was going to do. He'd started off measuring by the feature on his iPhone, moving it around the room, but finished off with an actual measuring tape, double checking its precision. He stored all needed details in his notes, noticing a message banner at the top of his screen from Amos saying he was at Atlanta airport. He felt a weight fall from his chest he never knew was there. His cousin's safety crossed his mind every day that passed that he was out of town, but knowing now he was back in one piece was a huge relief.

He slid it down with ease and replied that he was on his way. He grabbed his belongings, planning to come back in next few days after he finished another project he was close to done with, first. He exited the house, hoping she'd remember to lock it after him. Kielce climbed into his car and cranked it before reversing out the driveway. He clicked on his seatbelt as he crossed down the street, watching the road. His phone stayed in his right hand as he only steered with his left. He felt the vibration buzz against his palm as he glanced down, seeing Melani's contact pop up. He smiled small and bit down on his lip and slid the bar across to answer. "What's going on, baby girl?"

"Baby so you remember Ms. Dove?" She questioned immediately, the enthusiasm oozing from her voice. He thought for a moment based off the name, trying to place a face with it. He furrowed his eyebrows as he took a turn at a streetlight towards the airport. "Not really. Who she?" He responds after awhile.

"Oh my gosh, she was like the first older lady I met when we first moved here. When I was looking for your damn energy drink in the grocery store."

"Now how am I supposed to remember that?"

"But anyways, I just so happened to see her a while ago while I was in the Farmer's market and we talked for a while. I told her how I was building a clientele doing hair then she offered me a spot in the new shop she's looking to open up in a few months." Kielce lifted his eyebrows in surprise and nodded slowly.

"Really? That's good."

"Then said I don't have to start paying her back in rent until I build up to at least an average of one fifty clients a week."

"I'm happy for you, I can tell you're excited. When she opening it again?" Kielce says, making sure he wouldn't make a wrong turn but still gave her the support he knew she was looking for. Lately, the couple have been on good terms. Much better than they've been in the past couple of months. It really surprised them both but also made Kielce believe how he was feeling was maybe just a phase and apart of a marriage especially since they've been together for years now. They needed something to spark things and they might've found just that.