(2) requiting

Tyler pov:
"Come on Dustin it's just a shot no need to be a baby about it" . I said as I rolled my eyes at the large lion infront of me . Dustin is a lion who had gone blind in his left eye,and developed arteritis in his jaw, making it difficult for him to eat, meaning we couldn't release him to the wild like the others.

Dustin began to walk backwards from me , knowing what was in my right hand behind my back.

Every step I took forward he took a step back.
"Fine you leave me no choice" I quickly took my walkie talkie from out of my bag and began to speak.

"Ranger one to lion paddock perimeter copy"
"Yes it's lion paddock perimeter to Ranger one what seems to be the problem ,over"
"Is it possible if I can get a large chunk of meat down here, over "
"Yes we will get to you in about 1 minute ,over"
"Roger that , please bring as soon as you can ,over "

"Ok big guy you left me no choice" I said as I stood in front of the lion, I placed the injection in my holster pocket.
"Come here you big idiot! Bet you can't catch me!" I yelled and then stuck my tongue out making the lion angry.

Oh god please let this not be the plan that gets me killed in a wild nature park.

Dustin got very angry with my teasing and began charging towards me. I stood in place and watched him, as he was about to pounce I stepped out of the way and jumped upon his back and began riding him like a horse.

I grabbed the hairs of his large mane and made him sit down. Dustin halted to a stop and fell flat on his stomach.

" I'm sorry I had to do that bud" I said as I petted him and began to massage the flesh underneath my palm.
This caused Dustin to calm down and almost look like he was asleep. I then quickly took out the injection and prepped it. I tapped the end to make sure there was no air bubbles. I gently injected the monthly dosage of meds into Dustin's system.

When I pulled the needle out , Dustin began to stir, so I quickly began massaging him again so he would stay calm.
"Hey Tyler!"
I turned my head to the direction of the voice seeing it was one of my co-workers her name was Jessica.

"You know your really crazy right"
"You say crazy , but I say cool and brave"
We both shared a laugh, until Jessica realized something.
"Here's the meat" she said as she gave me a packet of cut up pieces of meat.
"Thanks Jess , these are perfect for Dustin to eat, small pieces are easy to chew for him. Especially with his jaw. I'll meet you up at the office ok"
"Ya sure , cheers Tyler" she said as she ran off to her bakkie near the sanctuary nursery boundary.

Dustin began to wake up , so I climbed off of him and crouched down infront of his face.
He began to wake up and lift his head.
"Hey buddy , sorry I had to do that to you , but I got you some treats" I said as I held up the packet of meat in front of his right eye so he could see.

Dustin stuck out his tongue and began to lick my face. "No dustin!" I whined giving the lion a playful glare , I quickly fed him and then left him to his own business as I left the paddock.

As I got into my Jeep and began to drive out, my walkie talkie went off.
"Head office to Ranger one do you copy"
Confused I quickly responded.
"Ranger one to head office What seems to be the problem over"
"Ranger one there appears to be men here from a company wanting to talk to you ,over"
"Ok sure , I'll be there in 5 minutes ,over"