Episode 19 - The wedding day

I woke up to the Mohit’s vibrating phone. I took it into my hand and saw the name with one eye open. Reena Dee was the name flashing over it. I saw Mohit sleeping and I picked the call up.

“Hello” I said.

“Mohit, what happened to your voice?” she said.

“Dee it’s me, Radhika.” I said.

“Oh. Where is Mohit? Hasn’t he woken up yet? Wake him up if he hasn’t.” She said.

“Yes Dee. Don’t worry. I’ll wake him up and send him down as soon as possible” I said.

“Yes and you too make it fast” she said.

“Yes Dee.” I said and we hung. I saw Mohit sleeping like a baby. I caressed his hair and stared at him. ‘Looks so cute while sleeping wouldn’t leave a chance of troubling me’ I thought to myself. He stirred and slept again. I looked at the clock. It was 7a.m.

I woke up, brushed my teeth and washed my face. He was still sleeping. I took a shower and started to get ready. I dried my hair and then looked to the bed, lazy ass was still sleeping. I went towards him and started to wake him.

“Mohit, wake up baby” I said but no response.

“Mohit” I shook him hard. He murmured something and dozed again. Then finally I went closest to him and in whispered in his ears “Good morning sleepy head”  He opened his eyes and saw me sitting beside him in bathrobe with wet hair. He smiled and said “You look so beautiful” and touched my hair and my cheek and hugged my stomach.

“Wake up; Dee just called on your cell.” I said and in sudden shock he jumped out of bed saying

“Oh freak! I am dead. I am so dead” and ran into his room. I was left there laughing and laughing.

I had to wear a purple lehenga and it was hard for me to do all sorts of girly things at once so I called Nisha to my rescue. I went to her room. She was standing there with her saree and looked absolutely stunning in it.

“Wow. You look great” I said out of surprise.

“Ya save the surprise, will you?” she said and winked. She helped me make my make-up and we both ended up clicking snaps of each other. “Who gets dressed this well everyday” she said and clicked more and more snaps.

I got dressed and went to my room. I cleaned up the little mess created and I saw the bangle given by Mohit’s mom. I looked at it and wore it proudly. After sometime, I packed my bags and kept them on the table and went to check on Mohit.

I saw him in front of his mirror trying to do his hair and his half buttoned purple shirt and his dark navy blue suit lying on his bed. He was busy doing his hair but ceased as he saw me come forth. He turned around and stared towards me from top to bottom.

“Just amazing. I am speechless” He said still staring with a surprised smile on his lips.

“Is it? Thank you. Nisha helped me with my make-up and my hair” I was busy fidgeting with my lehenga when suddenly he came and kissed me, I released myself with blank look.

“It’s perfect” he said and I blushed. I helped him get dressed and with his suit. He looked no less than charming himself. We came out and walked down stairs together, hand in hand. Everyone was staring but we hardly cared. Mohit’s mom was speaking to her friends. She was interrupted by the disturbance caused and then saw us walking towards her. She stared intensely.

“You look gorgeous, Beta” she said and slipped a finger of kajal from beneath her eye again and placed it behind my ear.

“You look no less than fairy god-mother yourself, Ma” I said. She then looked at Mohit. “Wow, you’re dressed so well. I know it’s for someone to impress” she said, all her friends laughed while Mohit scratched his head and looked towards me. We then moved towards Mohit’s dad.

“Dad” Mohit said as his dad turned around and looked at me.

“Mohit and Radha, Nice to meet you daughter-in-law” he said and kept his palm on my head.

“Dad, you look amazing.” I said.

“Not so bad you’re self” he said and I smiled. After the whole complimenting session, we moved towards the ‘Agni’ or the fire lit for the bride and groom to take sacred rounds or fera’s around it.

I and Mohit went and occupied the place just behind the bride and groom. We saw stuff and smiled, we stared at each other for long minutes. He teased me and I blushed. People are supposed to shower their blessings over the couple by showering petals of flowers over them. Mohit started to sprinkle them over me and I stared to refuse that by giving looks. People around us were amused by our little fights and it was fun.

Soon, evening arrived. Its right when people say that time just runs when you are in your favourite place. After the sending off of the bride, there is a gloomy environment in the house. So was here. I changed into something comfy and went to check on Nisha. She had dozed after crying for an hour. I saw her sleep, covered her with blanket and went to check on Mohit.

Mohit’s thoughts :

Life goes on…..

You will always be in my heart, you took care of me and you never let me feel alone. You are were the light and you were the laughter of this house, still are. But, not a day will pass by when I won’t think about you and miss our little fights and grudges. Thank you sister, for you always will remain you.

Life goes on…..

He lay on his bed with a framed photo of Reena Dee and his along with Nisha. He hugged it to his chest and had tears in his eyes. I felt bad. I had never seen the love of my life so low, so gloomy. I went towards him and sat on his bed. He turned around and kept his head on my lap. I started caressing his hair and his forehead. He felt good. He felt wanted. It was quite late and mom had already called me up. We decided Sid will come pick me up by 9p.m. until then I was glued to Mohit.

I snuggled beside him and buried myself in his chest. It felt warm and safe. I kissed him  and slept until late night. When my eyes opened, he was sitting there, beside me, staring towards me. I smiled.

Finally, it all came to an end. Sid already was standing downstairs as I was checking for last minute things. I went to Nisha’s room and left her a thank you note. I bid a bye to Mohit’s mom and dad. I came out into the room and Mohit standing there. He hugged me tightly and I let him. He waved a bye and I came to Sid. He looked at me and cupped my cheek and smiled. I never understood till today why he did that. We rode off home while Mohit waved a bye.

I reached home and immediately showed mom the bangle Mohit’s mom had given me as a shagun. She looked at it and understood the value behind it. Soon we dozed off. That night, neither did I, nor Mohit were in a situation to talk. He dozed and I let him.

 Copyright © 2014 · All Rights Reserved