♤♡◇♧7♧◇♡♤

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤

The sword stops right in front of the General's heart, and she smirks.

"What happened, Yoongi?" She puts the sword down. "Letting your guard down for a beautiful lady?"

"Has been a while ever since you called me by my name," Yoongi replies.

"Your Highness," He adds.

"Oh, shut up." Haewon chuckles sarcastically. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? In case you haven't noticed, I learned your tactics, General, you meant to lose."

He raises an eyebrow. "Did I?"

She smiles. "Definitely."

"So what do you want?" He asks, taking a step back, "Coming all the way here just to have a match? Impossible."

"Another match," She says and without a warning, swings her sword.

He blocks it immediately, and she goes for another swing. Their swords clink, sharp edges slashing.

"You need to... stop," The princess says through heavy breaths, "Stop asking me to dance with you at balls. I said it before, there's no way it's happening."

"I had a chance a long time ago." He smirks. "But now I don't? Who is it?"

She moves closer, her face inches away from his, their swords between them. "There's no one in my life."

"Lies." He moves back then attacks, and she blocks.

"Who's the lucky pal?" He asks, his voice almost incoherent under his panting.

"I said no-one!" She says through gritted teeth, "How many times have I rejected you, General?"

"Uncountable."

"And you're still chasing me like a lost puppy?" She chuckles. "Have some dignity and stop."

"You weren't rejecting in the beginning, remember?" He says, "I suppose you didn't forget two years ago when you were head over heels for me?"

"I wasn't!" She yells, "Maybe I liked you, thought you were cool and all, but now I realize how stupid and naive I were."

"You were," He retorts, "And you still are. You just found someone more interesting."

"I don't want you."

"I do."

"Too bad you can't have me."

"I can, and I will."

"Ambitious?" She raises her eyebrows.

He smiles. "Confident."

"Dumb." She shakes her head.

"Fake," He spits.

She laughs. "Love-deprived."

"Look who's talking."

He attacks once, twice, and she fails to block. The sword is right beside her neck, and he steps closer, and closer, their noses almost touching.

"And by the way, Haewon, no one, not even you, knows all my tactics." And he steps back, and turns around, walking away.

She stands there, hardly taking her breaths as she watches him go out of sight.

She turns around, and walks back inside the Castle, stopping when Prince Taehyung walks towards her. She rolls her eyes and tries to walk away, but he stands in front of her.

"Having a hard time with ex-lovers, I see?" He smiles maliciously.

"Oh, do go away!"

"Obvious." He grins.

She attempts to pass him, but he holds her arm and pulls her back forcefully. She looks up at him, and notices the drastical change in his expression. His eyes are cold, cold and deep, and there's a hint of anger in them.

His grip on her arm tightens and she winces in pain.

He leans closer, and his voice is low. "I know what you're doing, and I know who you're after. Let me tell you this, it's a horrible idea. You're a Royal, and more important, you're on my side, so better think twice and watch your actions carefully before you do something I'll make you regret."

He leans back, and smiles, and walks away.

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤

The bedroom is empty.

Although it hasn't been occupied for a year, it is still clean, neat, as if someone slept in it yesterday.

Seokjin walks further in his late brother's room, his steps slow yet firm. He doesn't remember the last time he came here, but he knows it was before Namjoon's death.

As much as he hates to admit it, he was scared of going to his brother's bedroom sooner, afraid he might walk in and find him sitting somewhere, reading some book.

He looks around the cold room, his eyes scanning the bookshelves which have hundreds of books. These are only some of Namjoon's books; the others are in the library.

He turns around and walks out, closing the door behind him, then he proceeds to walk in the hallways.

He stops by a door, and he hesitates. After a few seconds, he turns the doorknob and walks in Namjoon's study room.

He closes the door behind him and walks to the desk, sitting behind it. There are more shelves here, more books, papers.

On top of the desk sits nothing but an ink pen, an empty folder and some papers. In the bottom right corner of the first paper, in a very small yet neat handwriting that Seokjin recognizes as Namjoon's, a few words are scribbled.

Don't forget to buy Taehyung a birthday gift.

A lump forms in Seokjin's throat when he reads, and his fists clench. He looks away, now slowly opening the first drawer.

Again, there are a few papers, information about politics written down on them. There are multiple folders related to the same topic.

Seokjin opens the second drawer, and it has a small key and a book, The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas by Ursula K. Le Guin, one of Namjoon's favourites. There is a book mark inside, and Seokjin feels bad at the thought that Namjoon didn't get to finish the book, even though he was very close to the end.

He shuts the drawer then tries to open the third one, but it doesn't open. He stays still for a moment, then opens back the second drawer and brings out the small key inside, and unlocks the third drawer with it.

He pulls it open, and freezes. He takes the slightly crumbled folded paper out, bringing it closer to make sure he read it right.

It's a letter, and in Namjoon's handwriting a name is written.

To My Love, Choi Yisun