♤♡◇♧17♧◇♡♤

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤

"And may I ask what you were doing in the kitchen at the time?" Yisun asks, her head held high as she looks down at the other woman.

The Marchioness scoffs, a bitter smile making its way to her face. "I told you a million times, Your Majesty, I had never visited the kitchen ever since I arrived at The Palace."

Yisun squints her eyes a little. "Oh, I doubt. I got a report from all the maids, cooks, guards in and about the kitchen at the time the meal was being made, and they all recognized you in there. I doubt they all made it up together."

"I don't," Joowoo replies, "I told you I wasn't therㅡ"

"I hope you understand, Joowoo," The Queen cuts her off with a stern look, "That someone was planning to poison me and we are trying to find the culprit. Your help will be much appreciated and your denial doesn't quite help you."

"Are you saying I'm the one who poisoned the food?" Joowoo asks, finally looking up and locking her eyes with Yisun's.

The edge of Yisun's lips twitch. "I never said so, dear. You said it yourself." She leans her torso forward, one eyebrow raised. "Did you?"

"I definitely did not!"

"Your anger isn't helping your case, either," Yisun says calmly, leaning back on the throne.

The double doors burst open, and in walks Prince Taehyung with long strides, stopping right beside his wife.

"Oh, Taehyung," Joowoo exclaims once he walks in, "That woman is accusing me of poisoning heㅡ"

"That woman." Yisun raises her voice. "Is the Queen to whom you should be paying your uttermost respect and addressing formally."

"I beg your pardon on her behalf, Your Majesty," Taehyung says, his tone sounding more sarcastic than sincere, "However, I do believe that she had not done anything wrong, and shall not be questioned."

"Just because no one questioned you at Prince Namjoon's death," She replies, "Doesn't mean no one else should."

"Infuriated much, Your Majesty?" He raises an eyebrow. "Trust me, you will not be saying the same words when you find out who the real murderer is."

"And who may that be?"

Taehyung grins, tilting his head to one side. As he opens his mouth to speak, he's interrupted by quick footsteps as a maid rushes in, bowing once then looking up at the Queen.

"I deeply apologize for interrupting, Your Majesty, but this is urgent," She says hurriedly.

Yisun glares at Taehyung, then averts her gaze to the maid. "What is it, dear?"

"The Taster, Your Majesty." The maid breathes. "She is dead."

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤

"I may have been in her place! Why do you not seem to care?!" Yisun argues, frustrated at her husband's calmness.

"But you are alive, are you not?" Seokjin replies, "You're asking me why I'm so calm, and I'm asking you why you're so enraged."