♤♡◇♧14♧◇♡♤

♤♡◇♧♧◇♡♤

The woman in the purple and black gown bows. "Your Majesty."

She stands back up with a smile, glancing down at Yisun's tum, then back at her eyes.

"What a pleasure," She adds.

Yisun's heart unknowingly accelerates, and she lays her hand instinctively on her abdomen, making the other woman's malicious smile wider.

"Yisun."

Both women turn around at the masculine voice, the Queen's heart calming down when she sees her husband, and her hand falls down to her side.

Seokjin glances at the Marchioness, sending a glare her way before he gently takes his wife's hand and drags her with him, walking down the hallway and to their bedroom.

Yisun doesn't speak until the door is locked, her words escaping her lips before she realizes it.

"Who's that woman?"

"Taehyung's wife." The King's reply is as rapid as her question, and it leaves her stunned for a few seconds, not really able to believe.

"What?"

"Marchioness Lee Joowoo," He says, "She attended our wedding. She and Taehyung have been married for a month now."

"Butㅡ"

"I know," He cuts her off, "This should be announced to the public as soon as possible. Tomorrow morning would be fine, even though the people would wonder why they got married in secret."

"This doesn't matter," Yisun says, shaking her head as she blobs herself on the bed, "Why? Why did he leave? Why did he get married in secret?"

Seokjin doesn't reply but stays silent, standing by the window with the open curtains. The sky is clear outside, the clouds very few, and a light breeze moves the leaves and grass of The Royal Garden.

The eerie silence, however, is cut when the Queen speaks up.

"Is he up to something?"

Seokjin turns around to face her, his hands clasped behind his back.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

She blinks. "You know what I mean. Him disappearing and coming back out of nowhere with a wife isn't normal, Seokjin."

"I know, but... " He trails off, his eyes seeming unfocused.

"Maybe you should strengthen the security around yourself," She says, her hand going up to touch her tum, "And us."

"What are you trying to say?" He furrows his eyebrows. "I'm not afraid of Taehyung, not of anyone, as a matter of fact."

"I'm not saying you should be scared," She says, "I'm saying you should be careful arouㅡ"

"Taehyung isn't trying to kill me!"

"He is!"

"How can you be sure?!"

"Because he killed Namjoon."

"He didn't do it!"

Yisun stands up, her eyes raging as she walks towards Seokjin.

"Listen," She starts, "I don't know if you're really that stupid or you're pretending to beㅡdon't cut me offㅡbut everyone knows that Taehyung is the one who did it and even you do. I know, you don't want to admit it because he, Taehyung, your brother, killed his own brother which is also yours. I have no proof? Have you ever asked him if he did it?"

"How do you expect me to ask him if he was the one whoㅡ"

"This is the point! He never admitted he did it because no one asked him!" Yisun exclaims.

"I know this is what everyone thinks butㅡ"

"And I know you regret neglecting Taehyung before," She interrupts again, "And I'm sure Namjoon regrets, too, but your trust in him doesn't make him forgive you, if that's what you're aiming it. You pretending nothing happened doesn't make up for anything!"

"And you blaming yourself for Namjoon's death even though the murderer is right in front of you is just stupid, Seokjin!" She yells, "You are not gaining anything and he is just going on further with his plan that you know nothing about and don't even care that he's planning your death, and probably your off-spring's too!"

She takes in a breath. "Didn't you think of it? He's only back when I'm pregnant. If he kills you, and my child, he'll be King with no one but Jungkook and Sohye as heirs after him!"

"That is if he's not planning to kill them, too," She adds, "Unless he's getting a child from that wife of his."

She takes a step back, panting. Her eyes stay on the King for a while, waiting for him to say something back, but he stays silent, his eyes fixed in hers.

Yisun takes in the sight of him in the fur-lined cloak, threads of gold embedded within. Expensive jewellery adorn his long fingers which brush against the decorative golden dagger hanging from his belt m every now and then. He wears his crown, even though he doesn't need to, but when did he take it off ever since he became king?

He scans her head to toe, then stops at her eyes, his once blank gaze now turning fierce.

"Are you really that paranoid?" He frowns. "Just because you're pregnant with the heir of the throne, you really think you can speak like that?"

Yisun's mouth falls open, but she doesn't say anything. She stares at him in disbelief, her head tilting slowly to the side.

"You think Taehyung is trying to kill everyone to take the throne? How delusional."

"Seokjin!"

"I'll not think about what you said, believing you only said that because you were overwhelmed and madㅡ"

"No!"

"I advise you to take your words back and say you didn't mean any of itㅡ"

"WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU?!" She shouts, leaving Seokjin with wide eyes.

"You weren't like that," She says through gritted teeth, her tone calm compared to how it was a few seconds before, "What happened to you?"

A knock on the door interrupts them, and Seokjin glares at his wife one last time before he turns around and walks to the door, unlocking it and yanking it open, then leaving with Earl Park who seemed to have something important to say.

The wind grows louder and the curtain flies faster. Yisun's thoughts go back to the crown over the King's head.

Oh how she would love to take that piece of metal and crash it into pieces.

---

A/N: (media) art credit to @/deirikaa on Instagram