UNDT: Chapter One.

This chapter is dedicated to izdabie.

AN: Assalamu alaikum people. I know you have all been waiting for the update and I couldn't make it but please forgive me. There is nothing I would say to make you happy and you have every right to not be happy but please forgive me. I was too busy that I couldn't update. Please bear with me for a while.

But here comes the first chapter of Undaunted.

*****************
Life took a great turn for everyone. Salma, Muhammad, Yusuf and Safiyya.

For some it was good, while for some it was terrible.

Salma lived now with her sister and daughter. She never imagined that would happen. Safiyya was getting heavy and it wouldn't take long before she gives birth. Pregnancy was taking its toll on her. She turned fat in the mean time.

As for Yusuf, his life took a great turn to happiness. His mother woke up and there was nothing he wanted more that that. Most of the times he would just sit beside her and smile.

He was grateful to Allah for answering his prayers. He only had one thing left in his mind now.

Salma.

When she returned and went to see his mother, he couldn't tell her how he felt but he wanted to. It was not yet the time yet. He didn't want to mess things up so he just kept on keeping his mother company.

Zainab who woke up from a coma after six long years was getting better and better. She noticed how Yusuf had changed into the great man she had always wanted him to be.

    That feeling when your son was by your side all the time was great. Yusuf spent almost every hour with his mother. If not for work, he would have been with her through out. He tried his best to fill the space she left in his heart for years. The feeling was overwhelming. He had hope that things would be beautiful.

      They all continued to live just like before. Occasionally Salma would go to check up on Zainab and sometimes she would buy or make some goodies for her. Well at first Zainab couldn't recognise her but after a lot of description from Yusuf, she remembered her. Some times Salma would come along with Saliha and Safiyya and soon they turned into one of Zainab's most favorite people. That made Yusuf extremely happy.

     On several occasions, Zainab would catch Yusuf staring at Salma smiling. He was turning into an open book. His intentions were quite clear. He really loved Salma and Zainab could see it in her son's eyes. Not only her, Safiyya noticed this even though she had only been to the hospital twice due to her condition. Only Salma was oblivious and Yusuf wanted it that way until he was ready to confess his feelings to her.

***********************
      As for Muhammad, since that faithful day, he had been miserable just as usual.

         That very day when he had returned home, he had headed straight to his room ignoring protest of his empty stomach.

He needed to eat but he didn't want to.

He needed sleep but he didn't want to.

     When he got to his room, he pushed the door open and entered quietly turning to close the door. He scanned the room and he remembered the time when Salma had attended to him in the same room when he was sick. He had never done her good but she had always been there for him when he needed her. Even after how he had treated her. Shouting at her, maltreating her and to an extent, hitting her. He was a horrible husband.

       He went to his bedside drawer and sat beside it pulling it open. He retrieved a very beautiful bracelet that he had been saving for long. The bracelet he bought when he wanted to confess to  Salma his feelings. The bracelet he bought the very day he had divorced her. The bracelet he never got a chance to give to her. And the same bracelet he planned to give her when next they meet.