UNDT: Chapter Fifteen.

This chapter is dedicated to pixies_ate_my_sou

**************************
Muhammad stared at Salma as she tried to avoid his gaze. She was uncomfortable and clearly, unhappy. He had wished she would at least be happy to see him. But ever since they talked on the phone, he knew that won't happen.

"This is so awkward." started Muhammad.

Salma still refused to look at him.

"You have agreed to see me. For the last time, I must add. And yet you still can't look up at me. Salma we are past this stage don't you think?" he said.

This time, she slowly looked up at him.

He smiled.

"Very well then. How are you? he asked.

"I am fine Alhamdulilah." replied Salma. "How are you? How is Mama and everyone?"

"Everyone is fine. They all send their regards." he replied.

Then they were quite. Non of them knew what to say. When he had arrived, Salma felt like taking back her invitation. She didn't want to see him. Not after everything. But then she had to face him. At least to end what they didn't have.

Amidst the silence, she heard a car honk. Safiyya and Saliha were back. And almost immediately Saliha came in followed by her aunt. When Safiyya saw Muhammad. She smiled.

"Assalamu alaikum." she greeted.

"Wa'alaikumusalam." Salma and Muhammad answered.

"You are here already." said Safiyya to Muhammad. "It's been long. How are you?" she asked.

"I am fine Alhamdulilah. And I hope you are too." he replied.

"I am." stated Safiyya.

Muhammad then turned to look at Saliha who was quietly staring at him. "And who is this beautiful princess?" he asked.

"This is Saliha." introduced Salma. "My daughter." She watched as Muhammad's expression morphed into a confused one. He looked up at her, then back at Saliha.

"Are you serious?" he asked.

"Yes replied Salma."

Sensing the tension amongst them. Safiyya laughed and grabbed Saliha's hand. "We would go up and change." she said.

Salma nodded. Muhammad was quiet. He still couldn't wrap his head around the idea that Salma had a daughter. How?

When Salma saw him getting more confused,she smiled.

"I adopted her." she explained

"Oh!" He expressed and this time he relaxed a bit. "Masha Allah, that's so nice of you"

"Thank you" she replied.

After another few seconds of silence, Muhammad spoke. "So I guess life is treating you well, you seem to be happy".

Salma nodded. "I am indeed happy, everything is going perfectly smooth." She lied. If she was to be honest , since the day he called her, she had been disheveled. Her mind was totally disorganized. When he said he loved her , she thought that is was just for a while and that he would get over her which is why she left and never looked back. But he coming for her made her lose all her resolve. All her barriers were broken. She had Yusuf and she trusted him. But guilt was eating her. If she had given Muhammad a chance as he had once begged her to, maybe things would have been different.