UNDT: Chapter Thirteen.

This chapter is dedicated to altinemuhammad

AN: Assalamu alaikum everyone. How are y'all. I hope you enjoyed the last chapter.

Well here is another one.

*********************************
Yusuf had told Salma that he wanted to meet her family to make things official. And Salma having no family in Scotland, conveyed the message to her Uncle, Uthman and his wife Nafisa who lived back in Qatar. And to her surprise, they told her they were coming to Scotland. They said that they have been wanting to see her but they were busy and they wanted it to be a surprise. So this was a good time for them to come. They were also coming along with her cousins. Jameela, Shafa'a and Siddiq.

    Now that made her happy and at the same time it made Safiyya nervous. She knew Salma's cousins hated her. So she didn't know how to react. She was happy for Salma that things were working out quite well. But, she could already imagine the looks of disgust that Jameela and Shafa'a would be sending her way. The last time she saw them, they kept on glaring at her.

        Salma sensed Safiyya's uneasiness and she assured her that everything would be fine. She knew her family may not like Safiyya, but she is family too.

"As long as we are together, I'll be there for you. They can't hate you Safiyya cause I don't. And besides, they know we live together. They know everything going on around us and I am sure they don't hate you. I actually believe they would love you when they get to know you." stated Salma.

Safiyya sighed. "I hope so."

"Great! Now we need to get going. We don't want to be late for work. And I want to finish on time. I have some things to discuss with Yusuf. I need to get home early." said Salma.

"Oooooooooooh. Someone is going to see her beloved." teased Safiyya making Salma glare at her.

"Don't even start. Or I'll retaliate." replied Salma.

That made Safiyya laugh. "Tease me with what exactly. I'm not the one getting married." she said as she grabbed her bag.

"Yes you are not. That doesn't mean that I don't know that you are secretly crushing on someone." said Salma in a sing song voice.

Safiyya tensed. "What?"

"Now that confirmed my suspicion. Is it Nasir? It has to be him right?" replied Salma.

This time Safiyya turned red. "Uh-uhm who gave you that idea Salma. I am not crushing on anyone." she stammered.

"Oh Safiyya. For how long were you going to keep this to yourself. You see, it was once part of my studies to read a person's mind by observing the person's behavior. Which is why I noticed how you smile when you mention him and how you frequently do so. I also noticed that you admire him a lot and have high regard for him. My dear, those are the signs that gave you away. And now let me complain. You should have at least told me. Or should I say, when were you planning to tell me?" said Salma whilst giving Safiyya the '-you have got to have an explanation for this-' look.

Safiyya dropped her bag and slumped to the chair beside her. "Is it that obvious?" she asked.

"Oh yes it is." replied Salma checking her wristwatch. Realizing they had more time, she sat beside Safiyya and tapped her shoulder. "It is not wrong to have feelings for someone you know. We all do that.  If you knew how many people I had a crush on back then, you would be surprised."

Safiyya smiled but it faded quickly. " Salma I don't like it that I like him. He is a good man and all but I don't think it is right for me to like him after knowing him for like a month or so."