UNDT: Chapter Sixteen.

This chapter is dedicated to Ameerahmuhd

AN: Assalamu alaikum my loyal readers. How are you all. Are you ready for the next wave of emotions. Our dearest Salma is in problem and she needs our help.

Any volunteers?? 😂

We will be waiting for your help.

And here, this chapter begins.

***************************************
Nasir shut the cabinet door in frustration.

"Maama" he called out.

"Yes Son." he heard his mother answer from the living room.

"I can't find the wrapping sheets." he replied.

"Check carefully my dear. They are there." she replied.

He sighed and turned back to the cabinets.

"Why are you looking for wrapping sheets?" asked Zaid as he sauntered into the kitchen.

"I want to wrap something. Obviously." replied Nasir rolling his eyes.

His brother looked at him skeptically. Then he went to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Ahhhhh finally!" Nasir expressed as he found just what he was looking for.

"Is this what you are going to wrap with it?" asked Zaid as he noticed a scarf on Nasir's shoulder . His eyes suddenly widened. "Nasir. You are giving this to a woman aren't you. Wow! My brother is interested in someone."

Nasir rolled his eyes again. "I seriously don't want to face you today." he said to his brother. "I want to give it to Safiyya as a gift." he said.

This time Zaid almost chocked on his water. Nasir glared at him. "What is wrong with you?" he asked.

"Nothing." answered Zaid grinning from ear to ear. "I just knew that you liked Safiyya."

Nasir turned to glare at his brother properly. "Why do you love making false assumptions. And of course I like her. Why would I hate her?" he tried to reason.

"I am not making false assumptions. You are always talking about her. Trying to do things for her and other things. You even helped her get a job. And now a gift. I am just putting two and two together." replied Zaid.

"Zaid I was the reason she lost her baby. It disturbs me a lot. And I am not okay with it. So, I don't know, I am just trying to do something that would make me feel better." stated Nasir.

His brother nodded. "I understand." he said.

Nasir shook his head. "No you don't. You don't know what it feels like to be the cause of something like this. And I pray that you would never experience anything like it or even similar. It is a horrible feeling."

"You will get over it brother. With time in sha Allah." said Zaid.

"Do you know what bothers me the most?" Asked Nasir.

Zaid shook his head.

"They did not accept the diyya. I know it would be hard for me to gather that amount of money but them not accepting it makes me feel worse. If they had accepted it maybe the nagging at the back of my mind would stop."

Zaid looked up at Nasir. He was truly bothered. He had been ever since the incident. And even though Zaid had been worried that it might to lead to something bad, he had been trying to console his brother. To remind him that everything would be alright.