a pacifier .01

You are way too old for him in this one. Sorry :'D
There will be one where you are just the right age. Just hold on.

!republished!

You felt a ring of some sort, hooked your finger through it and pulled it out. It was a pastel red pacifier, painted with white stripes across it. You looked at Tony and the first thing you said was, "What the hell?"

"It's the kid." Peter Parker jerked his head up and blushed, possibly embarrassed by the choice of item. You looked at Tony with disbelief.

"I am not going inside with a kid. He's practically 5." Tony shrugged and still forced you and Peter out of your seat, shoving you two in the closet. "Rules are rules."

Before you got a chance to escape, Tony slammed the door, locked it and started the timer. You slammed against the door, slamming your fists into the hard wood. "Tony damn Stark!"

You heard him say something inaudible. You stepped away from the door and turned back to Peter who was fiddling with the ends of his hoodie straps. "So... Peter, right?"

He nodded innocently, making you rub your temple at the thought of Tony inviting a child to this kind of game. "Ugh, what did Tony say to get you to come here?"

"He said I'd be an Avenger.... And he offered me his Starbucks card." You mentally face palm. "Of course he did."

"I'm 17, if you wanna know..." Peter stared at you and purses his lips into a straight line. "What do you wanna do now?"

"Umm..." You shrugged and folded your arms across your chest. "We could sit down... And talk, I guess."

He sat on the floor, cross legged and you did the same and sat down beside him. You decided to try and start a conversation. "So, Peter, how's school and all?"

"School's great. I always do my daily superhero things after school, though."

A silence fell and it disturbs you quite a bit. "So, you and Tony seem pretty close."

"Well, he's like a dad to me-" Peter stops himself from speaking. "Is that weird?"

"No, no. Not at all."

"I always feel like I have to impress him. Make him proud, you know? Ever since Uncle Ben died, I... miss having a father figure around. Aunt May is the best and all but I want someone I can look to for fatherly advice." He sighed heavily. "I also feel like a nuisance to him. Do you think I annoy him a lot?"

You patted his head, ruffling up his soft brown hair. "I think, you should talk to Tony about it. Just between you and me-" you lean in closer to whisper something to him.

"-I heard him talking about you to FRIDAY and 'proud' was in the same sentence as 'Peter'."

He smiled. "You think?"

The closet door swung open and a teary eyed Tony stood there. "Come here, kid."

Peter was pulled up to his feet and into a dad hug, Tony's arms around him tightly. You smiled and stood up as well. Peter eyes teared up as well.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark."

He ran his fingers through Peter's hair. "No problem, kid."