Cool Like You

alex walked into his media class giving little greetings to everyone, except Y/N. he couldn't even look in her direction, never mind giving her eye contact. alex found her mesmerising, yet he was scared to look at her. he loved everyone about her even even though they have only shared two conversations, which, were nothing that alex wanted to be speaking to her about. all he wanted was a genuine conversation.

he took his seat as his desk shared with his college mates, he just sat there in silence not knowing what to add to whatever his mates were talking about.

"hey alex, you alright ?" alex just nodded his head and cracked out a witty comment having fun with the small talk. that was until Y/N walked in, she was breath taking to the boy, everything about her was perfect. of course his friends noticed his sudden withdrawal from the conversation, thankfully only one of them brought it up and the others carried on with whatever comedian they were talking about.

"i'm just, i don't know uninspired i guess. maybe it's just me, but i feel as if I need something brand new," he looked up to his blond friend to the front of him, "a change." 

a change.

he just wanted the courage to speak to Y/N, he just started to lose that faith that he would ever get it. he feared that his friends knew about his little fascination with Y/N, sometimes words were said that just seemed set up to let something spill out of alex, he can't ever let it show. who knows what his friend would do if they found out. make fun of him ? he would be more worried that they would tell Y/N and then the entirety of his college course would know. that would be the worst case scenario. 

in alex's mind, Y/N knowing about his crush would be world ending, he wouldn't be able to stand it with all of the overwhelming embarrassment. it would be too much. so that's how the rest of his year in college went. ignoring it and pushing it down.

know if i can leave when i want to
'cause there's so many things that i could say to upset you
maybe there's a way that i could be so that you knew
how it really feels in the space where i won't be, cool like you

cool like you

A/N hope you enjoyed it lovelies ! I should have another update later around 7ish (GMT). and !!!! I am currently working on the third chapter of Blown Rose !! see you all later ! xx