Illusions

"yes, but what should I do ?"

Y/N woke up from her dream. him. he's been on her mind. she was disconnected from everything, from her work, disconnected from herself. distant.

it was christmas in a few days, but she was confused, wanting closure to know what her and alex are. Y/N reflected on the last time they saw each other. their date. alex kissed her, it was magical, at least from what Y/N could remember, it was all she could've ever wanted at more, she's loved alex ever since they were kids, having playdates and playing at the park. oh how things have changed.

alex hasn't spoken to her since the date and Y/N hated him for that, was it all just a prank ? it seemed like it. he had posted as normal, been active on twitter and instagram as normal, even going as far to like the indirected posts at him by Y/N.

instagram: im_allexx started a live video. watch it before it ends!

the notification distracted her, yes, but it wasn't helpful, if anything it aggravated her more. she didn't know wether to text george regarding the situation or to ignore it and just watch the live. Y/N just wanted answers.

the girl joined the live, not saying anything, just to watch and see, she had a right to be curious after all.

james. alex and james, Y/N wasn't mad but she was hurt, it was so close to christmas after all, she had bought the boy a record player and a few vinyls to go a long with it, Alex would never shut up about owning one when they were younger, she just hoped that it wasn't all a waste, it wasn't exactly cheap and she wasn't sure of the returns policy.

as much as Y/N hated to admit it, she wished that she was just over reacting and that he was busy and forgot to tell her about it, but it had been almost two weeks since their date and she was losing more and more hope of that being true. she was scared of the truth and the lies.

it's all the same thing, it's all non-duality. what was she supposed to do.

....

'aight'. alex noticed the comment straight away, it was Y/N. he didn't know what to say or do, of course he felt bad for ignoring her but he was scared of his feelings and felt like it was the only option. he isn't exactly known for his successful relationships after all, he just didn't want this one to go the same way. that would be heartbreaking.

james noticed alex's sudden silence, and frankly he has noticed the comment too. alex would never shut up about the girl, there has been so many instances on their podcast that were cut out because alex had brought her up. it was annoying, but it was cute, james was happy for him, why wouldn't he be ? he had wishing him all the best, but clearly something had gone wrong.

"alright guys ! think were gonna end it here or we'll never get this video recorded ! isn't that right alex ?" james started with a chuckle, he wasn't lying about the video, but he wanted to ask alex about him and Y/N. everything seemed to be going so well. the tall boy was upset for the both of them. maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

i think illusions run my life, i need illusions all the time

A/N more of a longer one than I usually right ! hope you enjoyed it nonetheless !!! just going to take this time to thank you all for 1k reads it's honesty so insane how it happened in such a short amount of time, I'm so grateful. I started this nook on November the 29th, and to hit 1k before christmas is unbelievable, im so thankful to everyone who has read the book. this book has 10 parts ?? and 2 of them aren't chapters, so to hit 1k in such a short space of time with not even 10 proper updates in honestly insane. thank you all, rosie xx