Day IV

Hermione woke up on this beautiful Thursday morning, feeling a bit melancholy. Her alone time with Tom was nearing it's end. She wasn't ready for that eventuality. She wished this week could last forever. She found someone who actually liked that she was smart. Who didn't mind her enthusiasm for books.

She sighed and went to the washroom to freshen up. She started to ready her bag but decided against it. Tom knew all of this, so did she. She grabbed her wand, using it to twist her hair up, and started to the kitchens to grab a snack.

She had almost made it undetected, until she saw Potter. His eyes locked on hers. Just what she needed. She tried to hurry past, but he grabbed her arm.

"Haven't seen you around much, why haven't you been eating with us in the Great Hall?" He smirked.

"None of your business." She bit out.

"Does the mudblood have a dirty boyfriend?" He laughed now. "Sneaking around huh?" He asked.

His gaze made her feel dirty. She used her wand and nonverbally sent a stinging hex at the hand holding her.

"You bitch." He spat at her.

She took off before he could retaliate. Hiding quickly in the kitchens with the elves. It took several minutes before she began to relax. How dare that pompous arse lay a hand on her. She felt her anger bubbling, his insinuations very hurtful.

She made herself calm down and take a few deep breaths. Once she felt a bit better, she grabbed an apple and left, thanking the elves as she went.

She made it into the library with no issues. Tom was already there, sitting at their normal table.

"Sorry I'm late." She said as she sat down.

Tom looked her over and smiled, "No books or work today?"

She blushed, "No you are as caught up as possible, nothing more I could teach you." She said.

She couldn't describe the look he had on his face. Tom was pleased he didn't have to pretend anymore, but wasn't sure what else to do with this girl. She was a bookworm, what else would she want to do, but study?

A thought came to him. He smiled and leaned forward, his face inches from hers.

"Would you escort me to the restricted section?" He asked, very innocently.

"Why would we need to go in there?" She asked. Her mouth suddenly dry and her palms quite sweaty.

"I just wanted to see what's changed." He said. "I don't want you to be all alone and bored out here waiting for me."

She smiled, he was being a gentleman again.

"Lead the way." She said quickly standing, trying to put a bit of distance between them.

They moved into the restricted section, Hermione letting Tom lead the way. They had gone quite far back, it was a bit gloomier than the normal library. She frowned at the rather large spiderwebs in the corner of the room.

Tom must have stopped, Hermione realized as she slammed into him. She lost balance and almost fell, thankfully Tom caught her.

"I'm sorry, I was looking at the webs and wasn't paying attention." She said pointing at the large mass to the right of them.

Tom looked at the direction she pointed and smiled. He turned his gaze on her and she felt lightheaded again. He was so close, his hands on her waistline from catching her.

She felt his thumbs rubbing small circles on her stomach, the light touch sending chills up and down her spine.

"Hermione, can I ask you something?"

"Anything... I mean yes." She stammered. His hand causing her brain to short circuit.

"Would you be cross with me if I kissed you?"

The question moved through her, he wanted to kiss her? She looked at him, he was serious. His thumbs still moved on her skin, had he moved closer?

"No, I su...." he interrupted her reply with a kiss. Lips pressed to hers.

She felt herself still, unsure what to do. She hadn't kissed a boy before, not like this. She moved her hands up and placed them on his chest.

This cause him to move his lips on hers, coaxing her to participate. She began to, letting him lead her through this moment. His right hand moved up tracing her side and brushing the side of her breast as he bought it up to touch her cheek.

She gasped at the innocent touch, her mouth opening. Tom used this to his advantage, sliding his tongue into her mouth and along her own.

Hermione was unsure, she figured she would follow his lead, she mirrored his movements. The pleased groan that came from him made her stomach tense. The hot feeling pooling there, move down.

Heat started between her legs, she thought she would pass out from all of the different sensations at once. Tom pulled back from the small snogging session.

"I apologize, I let that go a little too far, I promise it was meant to be a simple kiss." He said, though he didn't mean a word of it.

"No, don't apologize, it was brilliant!" She said without thinking. She could already tell she was blushing profusely.

Tom looked at her, the patchwork flush across her face proved she was a complete innocent. That may or may not have been her first kiss, but he knew for a fact it was her first real snog.

He stepped back from her, chuckling at her outburst. She smiled, knowing she looked like an idiot. She didn't care, that was the best thing she had ever felt in her life.

Tom moved to continued looking around, there weren't and new books added, it was basically the same as when he had last been in here.

"Eat lunch with me." He said when he looked at the time.

"Sure." She said.

"I mean sit with me in the great hall." He clarified.

The entire episode with Potter replayed in her head. She was not going in there.

"I can't Tom, I don't want to be around certain people, not after this morning." She explained as she shook her head.

"What happened this morning?" He thought he had straightened out Draco and his rude behavior. It hadn't taken much persuading before the boy was crying like a baby.

"Harry accosted me this morning, I had to hit him with a stinging hex." She explained.

Tom was furious, he had told Malfoy to let his moronic friends know to lay off. He would have to remind him.

Hermione could see the change in Tom, he was standing very rigid. His face blank of all emotion. That couldn't be good.

"I handled it, but I don't want to go back in there yet. It's not a big deal." She wanted happy Tom back.

It took a bit of persuading but Hermione had them eating on the kitchens, again.  After the quick meal, Tom stood to excuse himself.

"I need a bit of quiet time, I will see you at dinner?" He asked.

"Yes but I can't sit at the Slytherin table, it'll cause a riot." She joked.

"You'll give in one day, I'm sure of it." He said.

"I wouldn't wager on it." She walked with him to the door.

He leaned in, kissing her softly on the mouth. She felt that warmth come back. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling at all. She sighed as he pulled away and left. That boy was dangerous. She smiled and touched her lips, they still tingled from the chaste kiss.