Summer

Kind of a filler chapter to get to the next one, which will probably be a bit longer.

Malfoy manor was extremely dull, the only redeeming quality was they had an extensive library full of rare and exceedingly dark books. Tom had been at the manor for two days and he was ready to go back to school.

Abraxus was in and out of the manor, relaying messages like a trumped up owl. The rest of Tom's old knights were to meet here the following evening to reacquaint themselves. Tom sat in the library wondering if the men would still want to follow him. Yes he was technically in his 60's as well. But he'd physically stayed the same 16 year old.

It pleased him to think of their wounded pride as they bowed to a teenager. The thought got him excited. Damn Hermione awakening his teenage libido. He wanted to see her, test how much further he would let him push before telling him no.

After he had calmed himself again, he decided to sent her a message, to keep him fresh on her mind. He left the library and made his way back to his room. He sat at the large desk and wrote the letter. He called the Malfoy's elf.

"Dobby?"

"Mr. Riddle called for Dobby?" The small elf said, wringing his bandaged and bruised hands.

"Yes, would you please send this letter by owl to Hermione Granger? Her address is on the letter." Tom handed the letter to Dobby.

"Mr. Riddle is a kind wizard. No ones ever asked Dobby please before." He said.

"Well, that's unfortunate, I thank you for the help I have no clue where the owlery is here." Tom explained, hoping to convey that he was just being polite. He could not care less for this creature. His explanation had the opposite effect.

The elf was singing his praises for the rest of the day, at dinner, Tom received the best cut of filet mignon and the largest slice of cake.

If he would have known the damned elf would be obsessing like this he would have found the owlery on his own. Tom could not stay here the full two months, he was technically an adult, after the meeting he may find a place to stay by himself. That thought made him happy.

Hermione was lonely, her parents were working and the few muggle friends she had were on vacation with their families. She read through the 6th year books already, having purchased them last fall.

She couldn't do too much practical spell work of course, but she did go out and enjoy a bit of muggle London. She had went to the cinema today, watch a sappy romantic movie.

She had just gotten back home and notice a letter from her mother. Like most nights, they were out with their friends, and tonight they would be out late.

Hermione hates living here, her parents didn't understand the wizarding world and had grown so distant. Now they were closer to roommates, than family.

She sat and turned on the telly not really watching what was on. A tapping from the kitchen caught her attention. She hurried in and saw the beautiful owl at the window, she opened it and the owl hopped onto her countertop.

She quickly untied the letter and grabbed one of the, probably stale, owl treats she kept for her parents to use.

The owl took the treat and watched her. She assumed it would be waiting for a reply? She opened the letter.

Hermione,

I find myself  surrounded by a family of blondes, and wanting for intelligent conversation. Is it too soon to say I miss you? We could get together for lunch this weekend? Please save me from my miserable existence. Hope your summer is going well.

Yours,
Tom

She felt her heart racing. He missed her. She grabbed a piece of parchment and a pen.

She wrote him back and gave the owl another treat for the trip back to Malfoy Manor. She sat in her kitchen, reading he letter again and again.

Tom was out in the manor's gardens, trying to clear his mind. The small pop of the obsessed house elf drew his attention.

"Kind Mr. Riddle has a letter." The elf handed Tom the letter.

"Thank you, Dobby." He said instantly regretting it as the elf sang him praises.

Tom sighed, setting down to read the reply from Hermione.

Tom,

Pity for you, I had always heard blondes had more fun. Sorry you seemed to get the bad bunch. I would love to meet for lunch tomorrow, we could meet at The Leaky Cauldron, and either have lunch in muggle London, or go on to Diagon Alley. If I don't hear back by morning then I will see you at 11:30.

Hermione

Tom felt himself genuinely smiling. A trip to Diagon Ally would be perfect. He could rent a room there and be done with this madness.
He would have everything taken care of before the meeting tomorrow evening.

He made his way into the library and picked out a few books he wanted to read through and retired to his room.

Hermione reheated some leftovers and reread the 6th year potions book, making a few notes in the margins. When she finished her supper and her hand was cramping, she decided to call it a night.

She hurried and showered before bed. She was laying there, wide awake, mind wandering. She wished she could talk to Tom. She hated how long owls took, and was sure the Malfoy's didn't have a phone, so she couldn't just ring him.

She bolted out of bed. She had a brilliant idea. She hurried to her Hogwarts chest, unlocking it and rummaging through the large selection of books. She knew she had seen a charm for linking things. She finally found it in an ancient looking charms book.

She hurried to her desk, pulling out two small diary sized books, she took her chances with casting in her room, and cast a protean charm.
The books glowed blue for a second and then nothing. Here goes nothing.

She penned the date at the top. She felt the surge of heat from the other book. Feeling that giddiness building in her tummy, she opened the other book. There at the top was the date.

This was perfect, she could now write to Tom whenever she wanted and he could write her as well. She placed a few privacy charms on her book. Tom would have to place his own.

Hermione grabbed her beaded bag she had charmed a while back and put the two books inside. She also placed Tom's letter in as well, she wanted to keep it safe.

She moved back to her bed and after a while was able to fall asleep.