Sorry, not sorry

The next morning found Hermione in a much better mood. Tom was all smiles. She walked up to him and kissed his cheek before they walked into the Great hall. They sat at the table and began eating, Hermione even joining in the conversation with the group.

Tom was a bit curious as to why she was in a good mood. She had been nothing but broody since they had come back to Hogwarts. They made their way to the first class and sat waiting for instruction to begin. Tom watched as Hermione practiced small wand movements under the table. His curiosity was eating him alive now. What had his witch discovered?

Hermione was sure she had the right wand movements, she was ready for those judgmental gossipmongers to start with her. They of course would wait until they were in the common room tonight before dinner, so no one would witness their awful remarks. She had to be sure to give them plenty of things to talk about.

Classes went by, Hermione being sure to answer any question that she knew the answer to, which were most of them. Tom was her only real competition in that area. Draco wasn't far behind though. She found herself liking the now playful banter with the blond wizard.

When their last class let out, Tom pulled her aside. They moved to a small alcove and sat.

"What are you up to?" he asked, his face amused.

"I don't know what you mean." she said playfully.

"Liar." he teased. He leaned in and kissed her. He had to pull away before things became too heated. His body seemed to react more and more to her small kisses and light touches.

Hermione looked at him, deciding to tell him a bit of her plan. "I think I found the answer to my problem." she said. He arched an eyebrow at her and she smiled. "I let myself be, well, me, today and figured those evil girls will pounce on me when I get to the common room. That's when I get even." she said.

"Even?" He said. "What did you find out?" he asked, his curiosity even worse now.

"A small hex, it was written in a book I found in the library." She said, eyes shifting. Tom watched the evasive gesture.

"Mhm." he said.

She looked up at him. He could see the guilt behind her eyes. "Hermione, when have I ever judged you?" he asked.

She was taken back by the question. "Never." she said.

"Remember that." he said standing. He pulled her up with him and they walked out of the small alcove. He was silent the entire walk back to Gryffindor Tower. They reached the portrait and he leaned in to kiss her cheek.

Hermione was not having that. She grabbed his face and kissed him. She pulled away and told him. "I will explain it all before dinner." she said.

He smiled, she was fairly easy to guilt into doing what he wanted. He almost felt bad for the manipulations. Almost. He nodded at her and kissed her again. Then left her to have her fun.

The walk back down to the dungeons was uneventful. He made his way to his room and placed his books down. His imagination was running wild. She hadn't given him too many clues about her plan. He hated having to wait to find out.

Hermione was a bit nervous. She stepped through the portrait and into the common room. Just like she thought, there was the group. She walked up to her room to drop off her bag and grab a book to read. She walked back down and could hear them already.

"She is such a whore. She sitting at the Slytherin table. She's friends with them." she heard Ginny Weasley's voice.

"Did you see her talking to Malfoy. I bet she's sleeping with him too. I didn't figure Riddle to be one to share." Lavender added. The groups laughter was deafening.