Personal Space

Tom needed to let off some steam. He wanted to be completely relaxed and focused when the new week rolled around and exams began. He made his was to the kitchens, figuring he'd catch Hermione here when she snuck in to grab breakfast.

He didn't have to wait for long, she came in and froze when she saw him standing there eating fresh fruit and toast.

"I didn't expect to see you here." She said.

She reached for some of the fruit that was spread out on the table.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said, taking a bite of his toast.

"What about?"

"I wanted to spend time with you today, we have our exams and then the year is finished." He said. "I don't know when we will get another chance."

Hermione smiled. "Let's go to the room of requirements, no one will bug us there." She suggested.

Tom had to work hard not to let his smile get any larger, afraid it might scare her away. This was perfect.

"We can head up once you eat." He said finishing his tea.

Hermione had to force herself to eat at a normal pace and not shove everything into her mouth. She wanted to hurry, she found she likes kissing this boy, she was eager to do it again.

Tom wondered what she was thinking, she seemed very serious, but looked flushed. He watched her deliberately chew her food slowly. She swallowed and sipped her tea, this slow meal went on for a few more minutes.

She wiped her mouth and announced she was ready. Tom watched as she stood and straightened her skirt. She looked very pretty today he noted. She had a breezy flower print blouse and a bouncy skirt.

Her legs were bare and she had on ballet flats. Tom stood and offered her his arm and together they started the trek to the 7th floor.

They made sure the hall was clear before calling the room. The door appeared and they entered quickly. Tom looked around, it appeared to be a girl's bedroom. He was very confused. He turned to look at Hermione.

"I wanted someplace comfortable, I guess I was thinking of my room." She explained, face red.

"This is what your room looks like?" He smiled

"Yes, it's not much but it's mine." She said and walked over and sat on her bed, watching him look through the books on her shelves.

"Impressive selection, you actually have these?" He asked

"Yes." She laughed. "I have more in a different room of my house." She confessed.

He smiled as he walked over to her. "May I?" He gestured to the bed.

She patted the spot next to her. "Make yourself at home."

He sat next to her, he looked at her as she nervously picked at her nails.

"What would you like to do? Read, talk, we could always duel again, though we don't have a lot of extra room in here." He played obtuse.

Hermione had no idea how to say she wanted to kiss him without sounding desperate. She chewed her bottom lip nervously. Then it dawned on her, she had the perfect excuse.

"I guess if you don't mind, I'd like to get the wager taken care of." She felt lightheaded.

Tom chuckled, "You don't like owing anything to anyone I guess?"

She smiled, "Yes, exactly."

Tom didn't say anything he had to handle this very carefully. He smiled back, but didn't say anything. She had to make the first move.

Hermione had figured he would initiate the kiss, but he didn't. He just watched her, still smiling. She decided to just take matters into her own hands and moved closer, he still just watched her.

She took it as a good sign, he hadn't moved away. Hermione had never been this forward before, but Tom was different, she knew he liked her. She moved forward and put her mouth on his, softly. The simple touch sent heat through her. Gave her the courage to do more.

She moved her mouth, her lips parting lightly, feeling the soft smooth texture of his lips. She was sure this was the right way, then she remembered the best part of their last kiss, she brought her tongue into the mix.

When she touched it to Tom's upper lip, he reacted, his mouth opening, welcoming her inexperienced kisses. Coaxing her to move a certain way or open her mouth a little more.

She hadn't realized she put her hands in his hair, holding him to her. Everywhere he touched, tingled and sent that same heat low in her belly.

Tom was enjoying this, her touch soft and uncertain, he could teach her what he liked. The idea thrilled him. He slowly leaned her back, doubting she noticed, until she was flat on the bed. He was leaned over her, dominating the kisses.

He continued, kissing her and nipping at her lips, he decided to move his hand on her thigh, just the outside, but fairly high up. He felt her breath catch, and she was trembling a bit.

He didn't move his hand, just continued kissing her. When the trembling stopped he began to move just his thumb, rubbing small circles on her skin.

Hermione was tingling, she felt hot all over, when his hand touched her thigh, she though her heart would beat out of her chest. But he didn't move his hand any higher. She relaxed back into the kisses.

Her lips felt swollen, she loved it. When he began to rub small circles on her thigh, she broke from the kiss, her heavy breathing the only thing reassuring her she was still alive.

She felt her belly clench when he kissed down her neck, the skin feeling over sensitive. Tom was overjoyed, Hermione was so responsive, he ghosted kisses along her neck. He continued the small circles, though he moved his hand up slightly.

Hermione gasped, she felt strange, she wanted this to stop, she wanted this to never end. When his hand moved she panicked.

"Tom!"

He moved, looking at her.

"Yes?"

"I think we should stop." She said still trying to catch her breath.

"Sure, but I still need to collect my kiss." He said, loving the confusion that crossed her face.

"Tom, we've been kissing for a while now."

"Yes, you kissed me. But I get to kiss you."

She still didn't understand, but she waited for him to kiss her.

He leaned forward, Hermione readied herself. She closed her eyes and waited, and after she felt him move, but no kiss came, she opened her eyes.

Tom was standing, he was looking at her, she shifted uncomfortably. She swallowed, feeling like she was missing something.

"Tom, are you going to kiss me?"

His chuckle terrified and thrilled her.