1

My body ached like it usually did when I received a beating from Wilson. Wilson has been my boyfriend for 5 years now. I wouldn't really call him my boyfriend. He is more of a person holding me captive now. I can't even leave the house anymore.

Wilson and I got together at the beginning of my pregnancy. He is not the father of my kids and never will be. My kid's father died a month before I found out I was pregnant. When I found out I was four months pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant. I didn't have any of the symptoms you read about.

 Wilson was a friend of my brother's friend. He wasn't the best person I could have started to date but he was there for me and I guess my head was just clouded that I thought I fell in love with him but that changed when I had the kids.

Slowly I got out of bed making sure I didn't wake the girls. I head to the bathroom noticing right away that the towel I usually keep over the mirror fell. I look at myself in the mirror. I see my eyebrow is split from when I hit my head on the corner of the coffee table last night.

My lips are also split and swollen from getting hit in the face several times last night. I have a black eye and a bruised cheek. My eyes are not as happy as they used to look. My hazel eyes stare right back at me before I put the towel back up.

I take a quick shower then change into some clothes. Quietly I leave the room and make my way to the kitchen. I made the girls strawberry and chocolate chip pancakes.

Wilson walks into the room like every other day to apologize and then I say it's ok even though it's not.

"Hey babe I'm sorry for last night I had a rough day and I got carried away," he says looking at me.

"It's ok don't worry about it I forgive you" I lie, giving him a fake smile that he believes every time.

"Thanks" he pecked my lips before taking off out the door like always. I know what you must be thinking, leave he's no longer here. Wilson has people stationed outside watching over the house until he gets back. I sigh as I make the girls' plates.

"Katalina and Emory I know you're awake come and get breakfast!" I shout when I hear them moving around in the room.

My hearing has gotten better since Wilson started abusing me. I wanted to be able to wake up to the simplest noises to make sure my babies were ok and unharmed.

I see their bright smiles running from the room when they hear breakfast was done. I put their plates in their spots before helping them into the chair. I grab my pancake and start eating with them.

"Mommy we wanna watch Tinker Bell," Katalina says, climbing down from her chair.

"Let me clean up then I'll put Tinker Bell on ok baby," I say getting up from my spot. They nod before disappearing. I grab the plates then head over to the sink and wash them.

"Momma hurry!" Emory shrieked from the living room. I smile while shaking my head. I dry my hands then head over to the living room.

I walk into the living room seeing the girls sitting in the same chair with a blanket wrapped around each of them. I put the movie on for them and then I lay on the couch and it didn't take long before I fell asleep still exhausted from last night's beating.

When I wake up I see the girls playing with the cheap dollhouse that was in the corner of the living room.

I smile at them when they start laughing at how the Barbie dolls shorts fell down because the velcro wasn't stuck good enough.

I got up deciding to clean up so I didn't have to do it later tonight before Wilson got out of work. I pick up many of the stray toys that have been left out by the girls. The girls helped me clean their mess up and then they helped me do laundry.

Our day was spent cleaning up and doing laundry which was what we always did all day Monday.

When we were done folding the clothes I put them away. I did a lot of running around back and forth today which was exhausting.

"Mommy, can we have spaghetti?" Katalina asks by sticking her bottom lip out into a pout then she gives me puppy eyes.

"No kat we can't have spaghetti we just had it the other day" I sigh rubbing my hand over my face.

"How about we order pizza?" I asked going over to the house phone. I wasn't allowed to have my own and I can't make calls on the house unless it was for food.

"PIZZA!" Emory shouts from her room. I chuckle as she comes running out of the room jumping up and down.

"Katalina wants pizza too," she says smiling turning toward her sister.

"Can we get bacon and pepperoni?" I give her a nod then she nods back.

I call a pizza place that delivers and order a pizza. I look at the clock seeing that it's almost time for Wilson to come home from wherever he goes during the day.

Shortly after we started a stuffed animal war the door opened revealing Wilson with the pizza.

My eyes widen when he completely ignores us making a mess. He is probably waiting for the girls to go to bed like he usually does.

"The pizza is here," Wilson says from the kitchen. The girls scramble to the dining room where Wilson places their plates in front of them.

I grab a slice of pizza and sit in my spot. The girls happily ate and started talking to each other. Wilson sat down next to me but he was in his own little world and he didn't bother me.

I kept glancing over at Wilson making sure his mood didn't change. When the girls were done eating they kept on yawning trying to hide it from me but I caught them.

"Alright girls, let's get you to bed," I say, clearing the table before following them into the bedroom. I helped them brush their teeth then got them into their pajamas.

They crawled into the same bed and I tucked them in. I kiss their heads.

"Good night I love you girls," I say before making my way out of the room. I walk into the kitchen seeing Wilson still sitting in the same spot.

"You ok?" I ask, grabbing a glass down from the cupboard. I wasn't really interested in his answer but I had to keep up my act so I didn't get another beating. His gaze snapped towards me.

"Yeah, I'm fine what's it to you!" He snapped. There it is ladies and gentlemen the real Wilson.

"I was just asking" I shift my gaze away from his cold eyes. I should have kept my mouth shut.

"I have something to tell you though," he said his eyes were still cold looking.

"I'm cheating on you" he smirks when I take in a sharp breath.