9

Soft voices are what I woke up to. I heard the girls talking while walking into the living room.

"Awe look at momma and Emilio" Katalina gushes.

"They are soo cute, '' Emory adds giggling. I open my eyes seeing them standing right in front of the couch. Emilio's back faced them as he held me against him. Emilio stirred in his sleep before his eyes opened. He looked over my face, a smile making its way onto his face.

"Morning"

"Morning" I give him a smile. Emilio turned over to face the girls pulling me in front of him so I was facing them.

"I'm hungry mommy" Kat whined. Emilio sat up immediately. He picked up both girls and carried them to the kitchen. I follow behind them smiling.

He treats them like they are his own kids. It puts a smile on my face every time I see them interact. Kat has warmed up to him. She wasn't really that kind to him the first few days we were here.

Emilio is a big guy and I think she was worried he would be like Wilson. Wilson wasn't a big guy but he could be scary when he was angry.

Emilio sat the girls in their correct spot. He went to the fridge and took out the eggs then got the bacon out. I got two coloring books out and a box of crayons. So the girls were busy and not constantly asking when the food would be done.

Emilio put the bacon in the pan causing the kitchen to fill up with sizzling noises. I run upstairs and take a quick shower. I quickly dry off and throw on a t-shirt and tight-fitting sweatpants. I rush back downstairs. Emilio just started making the scrambled eggs.

Emilio looks up as I walk into the room. I walk over to the plate of bacon. I pull myself onto the counter next to it. I take a piece of bacon biting a chunk off while looking at Emilio who was already watching me. A small smile on his face. I hold out the bacon offering him a bite.

Instead of taking a bite of the bacon like I thought he would he grabbed my chin softly and placed his lips on mine. My eyes widened as he pulled away. He gives me a smirk before chuckling and going back to the eggs. I stayed frozen in my spot with the bacon still being held out.

Emilio looks back over at me after turning the stove off. "Are you good?" amusement dancing through his eyes. As I gaze into his eyes I can see silver specks in his brown eyes. It was unusual and unique looking.

After I recovered from shock I continued to eat the bacon in my hand. Emilio made everyone a plate and put them down at the table. Emilio looks over at me. "You gonna come over here and eat?"

Nodding my head I hop off the counter. Once I reach my spot at the table I sit down. I watch the girls start to eat before I do. They tend to want things if they don't eat before I do.

After breakfast, I help Emilio take care of the dishes. The girls were still at the table coloring. The one thing that really keeps them busy. They can color for hours. It's surprising how they can just sit there and do that. I usually get bored after the first minute.

"We're gonna go play dolls mommy," Emory says getting down from the chair. Kat follows her sister and they run off to the living room. I dry my hands on a hand towel before handing it to Emilio. He takes it, giving me a thankful smile.

Giving Emilio a smile back before I walk into the living room. I lay down on the couch yawning. I am tired. Instead of going to sleep, I watch my daughters play dolls. A blanket was placed over me causing me to look up and see Emilio.

"I'm going to fall asleep with this on me," I say, yawning.

"Then fall asleep you barely slept last night and the girls woke us up at 6," Emilio says sitting down at the end of my feet. I shake my head no. I wasn't going to leave him to watch my kids. He has already done so much for us.