4

Soft voices were heard throughout the room causing me to wake from my slumber.

"Come on girls let your mom rest she needs to sleep in order for her to heal" I hear Emilio's voice before the sound of the door shutting. I drift off back to sleep.

When I woke up the second time it was completely quiet. I jump out of bed making my way downstairs after a few twists and turns. I was on a mission to look for my kids.

Laughter was coming from the living room, so I followed. I see the twins being tickled by Nora and Grant. The sight brought a smile to my face.

"How are you feeling?" Emilio asks not turning around to see who entered the kitchen. How did he do that?

"I feel great," I say leaning against the counter as he turns to me. His eyes meet mine holding my gaze for a while before his eyes roam over his shirt I'm still wearing. He smirks before turning back to the stove.

"You sleep well?"

"Yes I did so thank you"

"You looked like you needed it" he shifts his eyes towards me once more.

"But right now you might want to go change before I take you right here on this counter" he pushed my hair out of my eyes before pushing himself away from me.

My cheeks redden at the thought of Emilio taking me right on that counter. I mean I wouldn't mind being that close to his body. What am I thinking about it! I ran from the room scolding myself for wanting him to go through with his temptation.

I quickly changed into a shirt and pants. I brush my hair and teeth before I make my way back downstairs. Emilio sends me a wink when I walk back into the kitchen.

My cheeks once again become red and I look away from him. I don't like the way he's making me feel. It's a similar feeling I had with the twin's dad. I can't go through the heartbreak I felt when I found out he died not again.

Who says he will die? I look back at Emilio who was watching me have an inner battle with myself.

"You ok?" He asked his eyes roaming over my face. I nod my head turning away from him. I walked into the living room where my girls were. They stop playing with the toys they had when they saw me.

"Momma!" They shouted abandoning the toys as they ran towards me.

I open my arms while squatting down. They run into my arms as I close my arms around them both.

"Feel better momma?" Katalina asks playing with the hem of my shirt. My body still hurts like hell but I never let them see it.

"Yeah but don't worry about me love" I kiss the top of her head. Katalina giggles before kissing my head which causes me to laugh but I cut it short when my ribs began to hurt. I think I may have broken something.

Nora and Grant, we're quietly whispering on the couch that was a few feet away. They stop when I look up at them. Weird. I let my girls go wincing when I stand up. A hand was placed on my back causing me to jump forward from the pain.

"Shit I forgot," Emilio says, earning a glare from me. "There are kids right there!" I shout at Emilio while pointing to my babies.

"Sorry" he muttered looking away from my harsh glare. Nora let's out a snort of laughter.

"Oo I like her," she says wiping a fake tear from her eye.

"Anyway food is done" he mumbled walking back to the kitchen. I lead the girls to the dining room/kitchen.

I sat them down in two chairs that were next to each other. Katalina let out a sigh shaking her head before switching spots with Emory.

"When you're going to learn I'm on the right and Emory is on the left" Katalina grumbles while sitting down.

"When are you going to learn it doesn't really matter Katalina" I sigh pointing to Emory who was still standing in the chair.

"Sit down you know better not to stand on furniture that is meant for sitting"

"But-" I cut her off, "No Emory sit" Emory sits down with a pout and tears in her eyes.

"Alright your father and I have things to do we'll see you later Emilio," Nora says hugging Emilio. They leave in a rush saying good-bye to me and the girls.

"Mommy made Emory cry," Katalina says pointing to her pouty sister before giving her a big hug.

"What is up with you girls today?" I mumble as Emilio brings a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs over. He placed it in the middle of the table. He placed an empty plate in front of everyone before he sat down across from Emory.

I make the girls' plates before I sit down next to Emilio. I grab a pancake for myself and eat. I look at the girls who just sat there picking at their food.

"We can't eat this momma," Emory says showing me the pancake dripping the syrup all over the table.

"And why can't you?" I sigh at the mess she is making.

"Where the strawberries and chocolate chips?" Katalina finishes for her sister. I run my hand through my hair looking at Emilio with hopeful eyes.

"You girls are in luck because I have those items in my fridge," he says walking over to the fridge. I get up going over to Emilio.

"Thank you" I mutter looking at him when he looks down at me.

"For what?" He asks cluelessly. He runs the strawberries underwater.

"For helping us out and for the strawberries and chocolate chips" I laugh before grabbing a few and cutting them up.

"I would do it again in a heartbeat" he mumbled hoping I wouldn't hear him but I did. I look at him giving him a genuine smile and I don't go throwing those out willy nilly. Emilio looks taken back that I heard him but he recovers and flashes me a small smile.

I walk back to the girls tossing a few strawberries on their pancakes while Emilio gave them a big handful of chocolate chips. I send him a glare but he shrugs sending me a smirk.

I take my seat smiling when the girls start eating their food. They stop after the first bite.

"What is it now," I ask with a little bit of irritation.

"These are great," they say with huge smiles before digging into their food.

"Why thank you," Emilio says turning to me when he noticed I was staring at him. A blush creeps onto my face causing me to turn away.

After we ate Emilio called one of his personal doctors to come and check me out.