5

The doctor lifts the back of my shirt up. I hear a gasp come out of her as she drops my shirt.

"He did a number on you didn't he," she says to herself.

"This was from more than one encounter with him but yes he did" I mutter closing my eyes to keep from letting the tears fall from my eyes.

When I opened my eyes Emilio was kneeling down in front of me holding my hand. He reached his hand up slowly to my face wiping away the tear that betrayed me.

"I need you to take your shirt off so I can tend to these wounds properly," she says, pulling out bandages from her bag along with cleaning wipes.

Emilio let go of my hands as I pull my shirt off. Emilio's eyes never left mine as he gave me a small smile. I like the way he never tried to look down at me. I mean I have a bra on but he continued to look at my face and nothing else.

I hiss in pain when the doctor starts cleaning each wound. I shut my eyes tightly from the pain. I didn't realize how bad it was until people touched it. The doctor finished taking care of all of my wounds. She starts to touch my ribs when she sees them a deep blue-purple color.

"You cracked a rib and it won't take long to heal if you drink lots of milk to help the healing process" She hands me my shirt that had some blood on it from some of the wounds opening up earlier.

I sigh getting ready to put it back on but large hands stop me. I look up seeing Emilio taking the shirt from me.

"Get a new shirt," he says softly, handing me my bag. I grab my last shirt holding it up only to frown when I see holes all over it.

"Hey don't worry about it I'll get you one of mine to wear for now" he takes the shirt from my hands while walking out.

"You should change the bandages daily and clean them with this and don't worry about not being able to reach them. I'm sure Emilio would be glad to help. He seems to like you if he is letting you stay at his house. The only people that he let's come here are his parents and his doctors" She smiles before walking out. Emilio walks through the open door handing me a black shirt of his.

"Thank you" I grab his shirt, throw it on, and once again it ends a little bit above my knees.

I grab a hair tie and tie the shirt up closer to my hips so I don't have to feel like I'm drowning in his shirt. I didn't even notice Emilio left until I looked up and he wasn't here.

I walk out of the room seeing Emilio talking with the doctor. Emilio sends me a smile before turning back to the doctor. I walk around them heading downstairs where my babies were. They were both cuddled up on the couch watching cartoons.

I sit next to them turning my attention to the tv even though I'm not watching it.

"Emilio!" Emory yells from beside me causing me to jump. I turned my attention to Emilio who just walked into the living room.

"Emory!" He shouts back with a smile on his face. How can this big scary but mostly handsome guy act so nice?

"Let's play" Emory jumps up on the couch reaching up for Emilio. He bends down grabbing her before using her like an airplane and flying her around the room. A smile forms on my face while my heart melts at seeing this.

I look down at Katalina seeing her passed out with her head on my lap. I run my hand through her hair. The soft strands of her hair soothing me.

I close my eyes feeling a bit exhausted from today. The couch dips down next to me causing me to open my eyes. I looked over at Emilio who was watching me. Emory was still a giggling mess as she was still in Emilio's arms.

"Come let's get you, girls, in bed," he says standing up he holds his hand out for me.

I pick Katalina up and grab his hand as he pulls me up from the couch. I expected him to let my hand go but he didn't. Emilio continued to hold my hand as he led us to our room.

Emilio finally let's go of my hand to put a now sleeping Emory in the bed. I put Katalina next to her sister. Emilio turns to me, his eyes searching my face.

"I have things I have to take care of but I'll be back later. Help yourselves to anything in the fridge and cupboards" he says walking out the door slowly. He looks back at me before flashing me one of his breathtaking smiles. I gave him one in return before I got in the bed with the girls. I fell asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow.

I woke up 5 hours later with the girls jumping on the bed. I smile at them when they don't realize I was up already.

"Girls I'm up you can stop jumping on the bed now" I chuckle getting up with them following me off the bed.

"We want spaghetti!" They giggle running down the stairs. I follow behind them sighing.

I look through the cupboards for stuff to make spaghetti and I find cans of sauce, a package of noodles, and some hamburger meat in the freezer. I unthaw the meat and start cooking the hamburger meat before I add the sauce. I turn the stove off for the sauce so it has time to cool off before the noodles are done. I put a pot of water on the stove and turned it on.

It takes around 15 minutes for the water to start boiling. I walk over to the box of noodles only to stop in my tracks when I hear a loud thud and feel something warm splatter on my feet. I slowly turn around to see Emory covered in sauce with the pan next to her with even more sauce on the ground. I turn the stove off for the boiling water.

Emory starts crying, making me rush to her. I picked her up and put her on the counter.

"What's wrong baby? is it hot?" I ask trying to brush as much of the sauce off. She shakes her head still crying.

"Emory you gotta tell me what's wrong or I can't help you" I sigh holding her as she continues to cry. I hear the front door open causing me to freeze. Emilio's is not going to like this. What if he kicks us out for making a mess. We don't have anywhere to go yet. I listen silently as I hear footsteps getting closer to the kitchen before they stop.

"What happened here?" Emilio asked softly and not in anger like I thought he would.

"I was trying to help mommy, I'm sorry" Emory sobs peeking around my shoulder at Emilio.

"Hey don't worry about it, this mess can easily be cleaned," he says walking closer. I was still standing there tense but was slowly relaxing but not all the way.

"Alisha doesn't worry about it," he says resting his hand on my shoulder causing me to flinch away. I relax all the way when I realize he wasn't going to hit me.

"Katalina why are you playing in the sauce?" Emilio asked, causing me to look down at her. She was painting with the sauce on her body.

"I'm painting" she smiles up at us causing my stern look to soften.

"Let's have you girls go get cleaned while I clean this up for you," he says, cleaning the bottom of the girl's feet so they didn't track sauce throughout his house.

The girls run off to our room giggling. I turn to Emilio finally looking at him. He looks down at me with an amused look.

"I only turned my back towards them for a few seconds" I laugh when he gives me a 'really' look.

"Thank you for cleaning this up and for not kicking us out" I mutter looking away from him.

"I couldn't do that to you, you're struggling right now and I'm here to help you, and kicking you out wouldn't be helping you now would it" he searched my face his eyes drifting down to my still busted lips.

"Go get cleaned up and I'll take you girls out for dinner," he says, turning around way too fast. I stand there for a few seconds before I turn around and head towards my room.