7

Two weeks have gone by since the girls and I have arrived at Emilio's. Every Monday that has passed so far his parents have come for dinner. I find it cool that they still do things like this even though they are grown. It's something my family would never do or think about doing. Once my siblings and I all reached 18 they never got in touch with us and they made us move the day after we legally became an adult. It was a crappy thing for them to do and if I had the chance to see them ever again I would never take up that offer.

My siblings, on the other hand, I would love to get back in touch with them. We clearly had fallen out of touch after the twins' dad died. Even from the beginning, Wilson was controlling but I never knew just how bad until I moved in with him. In my defense, I always thought he was being overprotective like the father of my children always was. 

Anyways we all got close to each other. Nora and Grant were like the parents I have always wanted and they are really sweet. Nora even took me shopping today. She said it was her treat but I knew it was Emilio's money because I had overheard them talking in the kitchen earlier today and just before we left I saw Emilio give her a card.

For someone who is always cautious about his surroundings, he doesn't care what goes around in his house. Well, I guess he only let's a few people come here so he shouldn't have to be cautious.

The car comes to a stop causing me to look up at the house I've grown used to these past few weeks. Nora gives me a smile before she gets out of the car and opens the back door. I jump out of the car rushing to her side.

"I can carry my own things Nora but thank you anyway," I say brushing past her to get my own bags from the back seat. I quickly slipped Emilio's card I took from Nora into my pocket before she noticed.

When we were shopping I was only set on getting seven new outfits. I had to do a lot of pleading for Nora to agree on just seven. Nora laughs at me muttering to herself, "woman these days must do things on their own now"

"Nora, you are a woman yourself" I laugh at her silliness while shutting the back door with my hip since my hands were full of bags. Nora chuckles as well walking to the door with me and opening the door letting me walk through the door before her.

The sound of the door closing behind us alerts the guys that we were back. Emilio walks out of the kitchen smiling but it was instantly replaced with a frown when he saw me. What did I do this time? Wait I never did anything wrong since we've been here.

"You could have helped her carry some of this in mom" Emilio sighed, taking all of the bags from my hands. Nora rolled her eyes at her son.

"I tried Emilio but she pushed me out of the way just so she could do it herself," Nora says giving me a smirk when she said I pushed her.

"I did not push you, Nora, I brushed past you there is a huge difference" I gasped shouting at her when she started walking away. I noticed that Emilio took off at the same time his mother walked away. I followed Nora into the living room where I heard the girls playing. They were playing with a dollhouse that Nora bought them a while ago.

A smile forms on my face when I see their bright smiles from them playing with little dolls, their favorite dolls I managed to shove in their bags when we were fleeing from Wilson's house. Emilio came and stood beside me.

"I put your bags in your room" I nod my head at his statement. "Thanks for that and for buying the clothes" I mutter with a smirk facing him. He smirks back at me before replying, "My mother bought your clothing so you're going to have to tell her thanks."

Reaching into my pocket while nodding, I grab his card. I pull it out raising an eyebrow, "Look familiar?" Emilio turns to his mother who just looked over after hearing me.

"How did she get that mom?" he raised an eyebrow while crossing his arms over his chest causing his arm muscles to flex.

"How did you get that?" Nora asked with confusion written all over her face.

"Same way I got this" I pulled out a wallet I just took from Emilio. Emilio reached for his back pocket before looking at me questioningly. I put the card back in his wallet.

"What else have you taken?" he instantly became suspicious, taking a step away from me after he grabbed his wallet.

"Just those two things if I took more things from you why would I bring it up and ruin my whole base of operation?" I threw him a look and he nodded agreeing with me.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Emilio asked taking a seat on the couch patting the seat next to him telling me to sit next to him.

"At stores" I shrug causing Emilio's eyes to go wide.

"You stole from stores!" he nearly shouted. I laugh, shaking my head.

"No I didn't steal from stores but I stole from inside them, from the people who were shopping, god, don't be ridiculous Emilio stealing from stores is hard not that I've tried" I rolled my eyes at him. Taking from stores is hard. There are too many cameras watching your every move just waiting for the next person to think they can outsmart the cameras by finding a blind spot only to run into yet another camera.

"Reaching into people's pockets or purses is hard as well you could get caught faster. You can't really explain to the person how you accidentally stuck your hand into what belongs to them and take whatever you please. I mean you can't really explain why you took something from the store either but if you get away with it then you don't get into trouble with the law" Emilio rants causing me to sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"I know this Emilio and it's not like I do it anymore. After I turned 18 I didn't have much money, I was working two jobs to help my sister out with the bills on our house and we still need money for the things we needed. I have kids now and sure I did it a few times when they were with me but that was because I needed money when Wilson didn't give me any to get the crap I needed for my kids. I don't do it anymore so don't worry about" I glare at Emilio, getting up from the couch and grabbing the girls then we head upstairs to our room from the night.