10 Prom

Mood: Swipe left and tap the media box above to listen to Love by Lana Del Rey. 🎼

Jake

Jake

Junior prom night.

Lydia looked beautiful. Ethereal. Like she was from another world. She wore a gold gown, and her tanned skin glowed. She left her jet-black hair down, as I suggested, and she had it straight. Her feline eyes were accentuated by smoky eyeliner, and her lips were plump, juicy, natural red.

I'd never seen anyone as beautiful as my Lydia. Missy.

You know what? I had the honor-no, the pleasure-to pick her up and see her walk down the stairs in her home. Her mom and dad were as proud as punch and took photos of her. They took photos of me and then photos of her and me together.

I had a corsage to match her dress, which I put on her, and one to match my tux. I wore a black bow tie, so it was nice to have something to break the black and white. My vest underneath my jacket matched Lydia's dress. I made sure we'd match tonight.

Lydia was a stunning girl with the kindest heart.

"Take good care of each other and enjoy the night," Lydia's dad, Ben, said.

"Take lots of pictures for us," Lydia's mom said. The tiger even cracked a smile.

"We'll do that, Mrs. C," I replied. I had my SLR camera out and looked forward to getting some good photos for the school yearbook.

"Well, we know our Lydia is in good hands. Take care of her, Jake. Make sure you both have fun," Ben added.

---

Lydia

When we got to the venue-one of the ballrooms at Gainsville Town Hall-I noticed other girls couldn't take their eyes off him. He was deliciously appetizing as if he had stepped off the runway of a Vogue fashion parade.

His dark hair was classically combed back, accentuating his razor-sharp cheekbones, aristocratic nose, and long, ebony eyelashes, contrasting his violet-blue eyes. He was my Armani prince, who enticed me with his masculine signature scent-a blended aroma of bergamot and cedar.

We hired a stretch limo, so we could all go together-me, Jake, Zach, Carrie, Reggie, and her partner, Jordan-a guy from another school, as well as Lindy Timmons and Greg.

I became friends with Lindy through Carrie. She and Carrie were both cheerleaders who practiced the team spirit that they preached. They were objective and fair friends, like diamonds among autumn leaves.

"Do you think the sirens will stop staring at Jake?" Carrie pondered aloud.

"I was thinking the same thing. Hey look, Elsie is coming up with a bottle of Coke for Jake," Lindy replied.