The Oncoming Army

R: Attention!

All the troops stopped their actions to look at their leader.

R: Gather your weapons! This will be quick trip, so belonginhs will not be brought. Except certain belongings such as photos and lockets.

They all shuffled around for their things. They didn't know it would end, but they knew that some would not make it alive.

R: The F.S.C will be put into effect also!

K: What is the F.S.C?

R: If a soldier dies out there, it is our duty to bring them and their belongings back here for burial. Better than letting them die and rot into the ground.

K: True.

Once all the soldiers lined up with weapons in hand, they did a final check on the citizens before sending them out and attacking the Castle. During this, a small reindeer child walked to Kris and asked him, "Excuse me sir. A
Will you be back?"

Kris didn't know how to respond to this. He didn't really know himself. If he died, he wouldn't make it back home. His friends there wouldn't even know he was dead. Well, except Susie. He bent down to the small child and said, "For you, your friends, and your family, I will always come back."

Susie nearby hearing this, a smile spread across her face. Hearing this from him just about made her hour. The child walked to her family with the other people.

K: I hope.

S: You will. I'll drag you if I have to.

K: I know you would.

They locked eyes and smiled. Whatever happened to them, they wanted to be together. They leaned in and shared a sweet kiss.

Noelle, seeing the two, gasped with wide eyes. She couldn't believe it. This has to be a dream. I'm dreaming. Wake up! But it was no dream. No matter how hard she pinched herself, it wasn't any nightmare. She ran to the cliff and climbed the rope to the top. Tears welling up in her eyes. The more she thought about it, the worse it got. She got to the top and fell to the ground. She finally let out and sobbed.

N: I...I loved him..

Nearby citizens walked over and tried to comfort her. They tried, but these attempts merely helped her. The child gave her a small reindeer doll. Noelle hugged it as tight she could.

N: How could I have been so blind? He never loved me...

*Back down to the Town*

R: Now, march!

The army started stomping and marched forward. They were going to fight with all they had. And they would never stop. This marked the beginning of the end...

*See? I threw in Noelle at the last second when you forgot about her! Ok, all things considered, I liked writing this one espiacelly. Originally, this was gonna include Lancer and Susie, but I'll wait to write that one.*