The Past

...is...ake..u....

..Kris, wake up...

Kris opened his eyes and met with Susie's. He then looked around to find he was in his room. He once again met eyes with Susie.

K: Good morning, beautiful..

S: Morning. I hope you know I saved you from the wrath of your ma.

K: Bad morning?

S: Guess so. Waking you up early. We have school.

K: Ah hell.

S: It's just for a memorial. The students are required to be at Karen's memorial. After that, they'll let us go.

K: *Long sigh* I made this happen, didn't I?

S: It wasn't your fault.

K: Yeah, it was.

S: For what? Existing? Would life be better without you?

K: Maybe.

S: Well, mine wouldn't.

Kris and Susie gave a short kiss before the door swung open.

T: Kris, Susie, I..

Toriel saw the two in the bed.

T: Wh...how...

K: Don't ask.

T: O...kay. We have a funeral to go to. Get dressed.

Toriel gave a small look back before shutting the door behind her.

S: What was she...oh.

K:Ok, that's just fucked off.

Kris then noticed the position he was in. Susie was on top of him while he was in his bed.

K: Now I see where she got it.

Susie then noticed their positioning too, and got off from the bed.

S: Sorry.

K: Don't be sorry.

S: I just realized.. my clothes are at the house.

K: We can go get them.

S: Nah, I prefer you stay here.

K: Susie, I've went through worse than your father. Compared to Jevil, the King, and everything else, he's got nothing.

S: Ok, but it isn't a pretty place.

*Time Lapse*

Kris and Susie walked down the street silenced. They went down to the four-way and took a right. They walked down further before going down a neighborhood of darkness. The houses were gloomy and sad.

K: Damn.

S: I told you. Ain't pretty. When I was eight, my parents got a divorce. Me being a momma's girl, I stayed with her. She was really happy until I was ten years old. I was with my dad, and we saw that Mom was in a car accident. 30 minutes later, we got news that she had died.

K: Woah.

S: Yeah. My Dad was distraught and bummed out and depressed. He started drinking and became jeasoul that she got all my love. He tried to turn me into her when she was young. Lonely, self kept, and got noone.

K: I...

S: Anytime I spoke out or went out of place, he...

K: ..

S: He'd lock me in a closet for 10 minutes. After that, he'd punch me a little. He'd send me to bed shortly after. He was only drunk when he did this. He never hurt me when he was sober.

Kris clenched his fist in rage.

K: Let's just...grab your stuff and go.

S: Ok...

They picked up a quicker pace to the house. In no time, Susie stopped at a house. It looked different from the other houses. The old grey pain was getting darker. The windows weren't shattered, so that was a win(Kinda?).

S: Well, here we are.

K: It isn't completely a dump.

Just then, a voice called out from behind them. The voice wasn't very distant down the street, but it wasn't too close.

?: Susie?

S: Oh no..

K: Are you..fucking..serious?

They turned around to see her father once again.

S/F: They released me from jail. An investigation was sent out..

He looked at Kris. His eyes then lit up.

S/F: Oh my god! It's you!

K: Yeah. I'm here.

S:F: The Corfield kid!

Kris's heart dropped in a beat.

K: How do you know that name?

S: What's Corfield?

K: That was the name I took when my parents had me.

S/F: You've grown! When I last saw you, you were a very small lad. You have your father's face and your mother's eyes!

K: You knew my parents?

S/F: We worked in the same lab together!

S: Back then, you worked in a Science Lab.

K: Ok, what were their names?

S/F: Sara and Kristopher Corfield.

K:..He isn't lying then..