Nerve

Toriel woke Kris up for the morning routine. He couldn't help but wonder. Why? Why would someone choose him and Susie of all people? He thought up all the possible people, but he couldn't come up with a suspect.

T: Kris, is everything alright?

K: Yeah, just been thinking.

T: I think too. Thinking is good.

Toriel chuckled at her joke. At least she doesn't know, he thought. She would be the least happy mom there.

*Timeskip*

Kris walked down his hallway. He noticed that everyone was looking at the closet. He heard a voice say:

?: Looks like someone broke into the closet a few days ago. Friday maybe.

Kris slowly backed away from the crowd. He had no clue what the consequences of his actions could bring. Suddenly, he felt a hand grab his arm. He looked over to see J.C.

K: What is it?

J.C. grabbed his camera and showed him a picture. It was of Kris and Susie holding hands under a desk.

K: This was taken during class? How'd they take the picture then?

J.C.: I don't know, but it was posted 6 minutes ago. Whoever's taking the pics, they must be attached to you and Susie.

*Another Timeskip*

The bell rang for the last time of the day. Kris walked to his locker and grabbed his stuff. He suddenly heard a male voice criticizing someone.

?: I thought we had something!

A female voice spoke up, but it was familiar. It sounded like Karen!

Ka: I..it's not true! Please!

?: Thank god I actually listened to that Kris guy.

Kris froze in his spot. He knew that everyone was looking at him, and he stayed right there.

?: Yeah, don't think I didn't hear that yesterday.

Ka: I promise! I'll be the best girl you'll ever have! Just don't take it from me!

?: Sorry Karen. We're through.

The jock walked out the door as whispers were heard throughout the halls. Kris slipped his arms through his backpack and sped walked to the doors. Suddenly, he felt his arm grabbed tightly and spun him around. Karen was in front of him. She had a furious look on her face. She cocked her arm back and...

*SMACK*

Kris stumbled back from the slap. He took a look at her, and ran out the doors. He slowed down and slowly walked down the sidewalk. He looked down to his feet. I'm really not having a good week, Kris thought.

I'm about to lose my nerve if this keeps up...