𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖊.

𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖊.

"Good morning to both of you," The elder greeted as soon as the pair entered the room, silencing them both. "I have an announcement to make."

**

As of the moment, Minju, Sakura and Eunbi are in a sacred place; a place where only those who have been and are currently Head Fairies are allowed to set foot in. Though, not until today, where history have been transposed.

"Welcome to the Head Fairy's office. Kindly take your seats please." Minju and Sakura did as they were told.

"As far as you have been aware, I am now officially appointed as the Fairy Queen. I will not only handle you, Fairies of Pain, but all of the other councils as well." Eunbi unveiled her burden to the younger ones, stress and exhaust visible in her eyes.

"I have attempted to balance my duties, but somehow, I cannot manage to solve matters with both roles placed on my shoulders," She added. "Hence, the reason I've commanded you to come here - even if it'd be breaking rules." With Eunbi's tone, both Sakura and Minju knew where this dialogue will be leading.

"You are the nominees to be my successor, I know you are informed about that. I'd be giving out instructions and your missions, so I am asking a favor to lend me an ear for a while. Finish it safe and sound, and you'll be the Head Fairy. It will be as simple as that." Eunbi handled the pair a folder.

With trembling heart, Sakura unfurled the file given to her and saw a photo of a girl with a smile so bright it could make you go sightless.

'... Whose picture is this?'

"Choi Yena. A gamer and a youtuber. A boisterous lass, I would say." Eunbi introduced, as if she could read Sakura's mind.

"She is also compassionate and thoughtful, especially to little children. But the odd thing is, she doesn't seem to feel guilt... even if she knows that she's the one who started the fire, she wouldn't help extinguish it." Eunbi placed her forefinger on her chin.

"As attested by our sources, her weakness is silence; knowing that she could be alone. Your mission, Sakura, is to make her realize that she doesn't have any comrades to keep her company, due to her lacking sense of guilt." Sakura nodded as a response, her head busy with ideas of the days to come.

For the time being, Minju have scanned the binder given to her. Both format of details, but with different subjects. "Meet Ahn Yujin. She is by far our headquarters' greatest headache. Even our senior fairy, Kaeun, is already done with her. She's currently a student and an author. Intellect, beauty, confidence - name it; she has it all. Just by looking, you can tell she doesn't have any flaws. Well, almost." Curiosity flared up in Minju's body.

"She's 16 and a college student? Isn't that.. kind of young for her age?"

"She's a wunderkind and was always smart-shamed by her peers. Being alone is one of the things she loves the most, and thinks it's good for her. For some reason, she is too untroubled she still has some companions watching over her." The older took a deep breath.

"Your assignment is to make Yujin aware that other mortals, especially her friends, can't confide with her being too much of a perfection. Make her lose her entire self-confidence, if there is any left." Minju wanted to object, she's fully aware it wasn't right.

'Isn't this too much? The only one who could make that girl happy is her friends. Doing that wouldn't do any good...' Minju thought.

"If you want to be the Head Fairy, you have to earn it by walking through the bumpy path. Trust me, it wasn't a piece of cake. You must prove that you got all what it takes." The elder fairy squeezed them both in a quick hug.

"Plan and arrange the equipments you will need. I will be waiting under the Gold Tree tomorrow at the usual time. I wish you both the best of luck."

With that being said, Eunbi flew away, leaving the two girls alone.

"So... we really are rivals, huh." Sakura uttered out of the blue, making the other feel a bit uneasy. She disliked having dispute with her fellow fairies. But well, here she is.

She doesn't want to evoke Sakura no more so instead of replying, she shrugged. But as how reverse psychology works, it just made the other fairy's mood worsen.

"I have no idea what's going through your head right now, Minju. But I tell you what; I've placed my own blood, sweat and tears at stake just to get where I am right now," The atmosphere of the room dimmed. "and I don't have any plans on wasting my chance on being the Head Fairy." Sakura spread her wings, getting ready to fly away. Though before that, she pivoted her head to face the other fairy once more.

"So? May the best fairy win."