𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2 // 𝕽𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘.

"Good morning, Fairies." Eunbi started. Eunbi, Sakura, Minju and the rest of their kind are currently under the Golden Tree, where the ceremony is going to take place.

"I hope you are fully-prepared today. This is the start; the one and only chance to prove us if you're worth the position." She added, making Sakura and Minju feel more tense.

"But before you cross over the Mortal's World, you have to be aware of the bureaucracy first." Bae Yoonjung, the very first and longest one to occupy the throne, appeared out of thin air.

Every single fairy present on the ceremony were startled, bowing at her presence pronto. They might as well conclude she's a powerful influence; everyone, even the current Fairy Queen, is scared of her capabilities.

"Good day to everybody. I'd be enumerating the rules for our explorers, so kindly lend me an ear." The crowd fell silent, waiting for their senior. "First and foremost, no romantic feelings must be constructed between a fairy and a mortal." With her stern voice in full volume, she reminded, to which the fairies nodded to.

"This applies to a fairy with a fellow fairy as well. You can't and should not fall in love with your peer." Sakura and Chaeyeon lowered their heads simultaneously, feeling guilty than ever.

"Second rule. Upon entering their world, every fairy, with no exceptions, will be transmuted to a normal human. Though, no fairy must reveal his identity to anyone. You cannot show your power, nor your original form. You will lose the ability to fly temporarily. Most importantly, you shall not let anyone see the magical gate. It's not just for your care,  but for the sake of our kind additionally." As time goes by, both Minju and Sakura's feeling more agitated.

"Third, you mustn't wander into the Mortal World unaccompanied. Consequently, your target must always be within your sight, as much as is feasible. The Councils have settled that starting today on, every fairy would lose the aptitude to travel back in our world as their mission is still ongoing. It might result in exposing our gate. You two may get a little homesick so we've decided to let you have a Fairy Guide. Both of you will have a companion, though they cannot and should not help you in your mission, in any ways possible."

"This rule applies for fairies under the Fairies of Joy Council. All Fairies of Joy bar none should consistently put a beam on the faces of the human assigned to them. Your only goal must be for your target to achieve pure happiness, but you ought not give all of that person's desire for him to learn to stand on his own feet."

"This last rule is for everybody. Once you've fulfilled your mission, you are not a part of your assigned individual's life anymore. You shall not leave any connection them." After Yoonjung reintroduced the rules, the sun then shone a bit brighter, striking the pond close at hand.

The water in the dew pond reflected the light towards the tree, creating a golden portal. Much like the young, tiny fairies, Minju's mouth stood agape as this moment were their first time seeing the mystical opening.

"Cross this passage and execute your task. Worry not; once you have landed on your destination, your Fairy Guide will be there to offer help." Yoonjung said, reassuring the pair.

Eunbi pulled them both into a tight hug and murmured, "Go on, my little fairies. Best of luck to both of you." As soon as Eunbi released them, Sakura fixed herself for a bit. She strutted approaching the portal, vanishing real soon.

Minju's fully aware she must go now. She needed to. Her comrades fancies her potentials and this is her lone chance to justify how great of a fairy she is; would she just let it pass? Of course not.

She glanced at her colleagues. All Councils of the Fairies Assembly showed up at the formality—Fairies of Pain, Fairies of Hopes, Fairies of Dreams, and many more other councils.

Many fairies attended, though only one made her smile when their eyes met. Nako, her bestfriend, her sister not by blood, is going to be all alone at the time.

She walked, approaching Nako. "Hey dwarfy."

"Hey. So... I've heard some friend of mine's got a big mission to accomplish?" The little one grinned. "I've heard it too! I know your friend's gonna mess up big time."

"Oh, shut up. I bet you're gonna do great. You should do great. There are no other options." Minju rolled her eyes, chuckling. "Yeah, yeah. Anyhow, are you sure you'll be fine when I'm away?"

"Of course, why would I not be? I can take care of myself, unnie," Minju glanced at the younger, startled since she rarely calls her 'unnie'. "Hitomi's gonna be with me all the time anyway, so everything's gonna be alright."

"In that case... I wish Hitomi best of luck," Nako would scoff, making the other giggle. "So, see you soon, dummy." Though sadness could be sensed, Nako gave her friend one last wistful smile.

Minju faced the portal's direction and marched towards it, closing her eyes. Just like Sakura, her figure slowly faded.

**

"Senior, do you think we're doing the right thing?" Eunbi, with all worries in her eyes, interrogated.

"Right thing about...?"

"About... about Ahn Yujin?"

"Truth be told, I'm still not sure, Eunbi. But one thing's certain to me. Minju, that fairy. She's definitely something. All we can do now is to have faith and cross our fingers that.. that she is the key for not letting Augury happen." Yoonjung heaved an agitated sigh. By then, Eunbi whispered to herself.

"You have to do it Minju. You need to. Please don't let the Augury occur. Please."