𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8 // 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖊𝖚𝖉.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I can walk by myself, Yena." Yujin declined the older's offer to assist her.

After the incident, Yujin was rushed to the most accessible hospital in their vicinity. She was confined for days so they could examine her more thoroughly and check if there were other damages.

The physicians detected more, but as luck would have it, t'was all minor fractures and sprains. Albeit, they told her to not strain herself too much as it may worsen her present condition.

"Now I understand why you're still hale and hearty after hitting your head not far off a rock. You're so hardheaded, Yujin." Yena retorted, shaking her head. The younger remained mum.

Truth be told, Yujin was genuinely grateful to Yena and her family alike. Her parents lingered throughout the period she stayed in the hospital. For four consecutive days, both of them prepared home-cooked meals she loved. And for the first time in forever, the three of them shared a laugh together. They took care of her like a real daughter. Something she never felt from them before.

***

The pair halted in front of a school and stood there for a while. Yujin glanced at the signs right in front of her.

ENOZI High WIZ University

"Not gonna lie, I missed this place," Yujin said whilst looking around the whole campus grounds.

"Yeah," Yena replied, "Not the classes though." Yujin chuckled as a respond.

"Speaking of which, we need to hurry. I have a bunch of stuff to catch up, and I definitely don't wanna be late for the lecture." Yujin said, speeding up her pace.

"Uh-huh, that's the Ahn Yujin I know. You're back on track, big fella." Yena mumbled and ran to catch the younger's pace.

***

A ton of bright smiles welcomed her back as they walked through the study hall. Yujin just nodded and gave them a faint smile. It was her first day back at school, yet tons of miscellaneous gossips about her are already scattering.

"God, does she know how much of an embarrassment she is? Like seriously, at least finish the race."

"Who knows? She might be acting or whatnot. To get the sympathy and attention she craves for."

"I know right? I mean, no offense girl but that's absolutely possible."

Despite the harsh comments and false accusations about the accident, Yujin chose to clam up. Nothing's going to change if she'd stand up for herself anyway.

Her doctors also reminded her to relax and lie-low; she's just following them for a speed recovery. And out of all things, Yujin loathes being pitied the most.

Her gaze averted to the four girls entering the room. All of them didn't even notice that Yena and Yujin are back, or did they?

***

Right after class, the fairy marched towards the pair.

"Yujin, you're back!" Minju gleefully uttered.

"Hm, I guess so," Yujin nodded then shrugged, beaming a bit of a smile.

"Oh, just remembered. Good thing you saw us. Yena told me you're one of the few who tried to help me. Uh, I...Thanks," Yujin awkwardly fidgets her fingers, uncertain if she sounded sincere or not, though she's leaning for the former.