𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4 // 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖊𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌.

As soon as Minju bid her goodbye to Chaewon, the younger promptly set off to start her mission. By the time she realized she have no idea where she will be heading to, the house has been far from where she's been currently standing at. The thought of going back to their house to ask Chaewon is too embarrassing for her, probably because: (1) they literally just met today, and they aren't kind of close yet; (2) it's far already and it'd take her forever to reach the school; (3) she probably would be running late if she'd go back; and (4) she might look dumb and she detests that.

Minju looked down, as if already giving up. However, a strange item caught her eye – a golden leaf. She noticed it wasn't just a leaf, there were many more. It is appearing gradually, in such way like falling from an invisible tree. One after another, all leaves fell, creating a path. Minju's lips formed a curve.

"Maybe... maybe I'm not really alone." With one hopeful look, Minju followed the trail the golden leaves left.

**

"I'm here! Did I make it?!"

The school grounds got an earful of a blaring howl. The girl arrived at the parking lot of the campus, heaving.

"Let us see... well, you're about 15 minutes late." The taller said, eyes glued on the book she's been reading for the past 45 minutes. "What? Hey, it's just 15 minutes!"

"Still, it's 15 minutes. Aaand, you're late again." The girl stood upright, towering over the other.

"Sorry.." Yena bowed as a sign of apology.

"Just kidding. I won't be mad at an ugly duckling for being late. I've gotten used to it." Ahn Yujin teased, hints of laughter heard afterwards. Yena pouted, scratching her nape thereafter. "Shut up, you look kinda intimidating back there." Yujin chuckled.

"Come on, let's go to our classes now. This ugly duckling don't want to be late for the second time around." Yena proffered, making the puppy approve.

As soon as they reached their room, they saw usual faces, usual seating arrangement, and usual circles of friends.

The pair plopped down next to each other. The minute they sat, whispers (which are too loud to be heard they aren't whispers) could be heeded. The statements made their fellow students tongue-tied.

"How sure are they that they want her to be our participant on the Interschool Competition? Are they on their right minds or what?"

"Don't be so surprised. Haven't you heard of the rumors going on? Heard she's somehow a relative of the dean or something, making her the one chosen."

"Stop it, girls. Let us concede defeat. I'm smarter, she's richer. Do we need more explanations on that?"

The girls, Yiren, Yunjin and Sihyun debated, casually chilling out on the back row of the study hall. They've been deafeningly chatting for hours their classmates are already vexed.

With Yiren being a child prodigy (along Yujin), Yunjin as the school's diva, and Sihyun being a well-known model and actress — their group is unquestionably the talk of the town 25/8. Though not all remarks are positive, for these three have something in common: attitude problems.

Just hearing their voices and thoughts about her best friend already makes Yena's blood boil. She can't bear to comprehend that Yiren and Sihyun, her friends back on kindergarten, would turn out like this.

"Hey Yujin, aren't you going to say anything? These girls really mastered the art of getting on my nerves." Yena scoffed, audible enough for the brats to hear her. "Rest easy, ducky. No matter what they do, I'm still and will always be on top." Yujin took a glance on her back before resuming.